HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

Constellation

Re: HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

New update for KS series was just released!!!

can anyone try some HDR10+ content on Amazon and check out is it working?

Samsung Moderator

Please keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I just checked but Im only seeing the last Firmwire update is from April 2018 1220

Constellation

The update has only been released in the UK so far. We should get it in America soon. 

Constellation

i have installed this update, because im live in Russia and update is available here, but i cant test any hdr10+ content, because i dont have a Prime subscription or HDR10+ videos to test on my TV. I called Samsung support and asked them about whats new in this upgrade and im asked if HDR10+ added. They told me - updates dont alter or add new features in TV and they know nothing about HDR10+. And also they told me all updates just fixing previous bugs and nothing more. Can you comment or elaborate on that? thank you!

Constellation

There is no HDR10+ in the latest firmware.

Asteroid

I tried to Prime but I don't think there's any way to confirm HDR10plus. 

Asteroid

Samsung has already speculated. They stated in their official press release April 20th of 2017 that the update was supposed to happen by the end of 2017.  Now we're approaching the end of 2018 and we have been kept in the dark. If the update wasn't going to happen why mention it? 2016 SUHD users just want to know if it's going to happen or not? Can someone from SAMSUNG please provide a valuable update and? I purchased a UN75KS9000 that I'm still paying on due to the no interest promotion I received from my local retailer, so I rather not purchase a new TV if I don't have to.  I just want what I was promised 

Cosmic Ray

I am still not sure what people expect from Samsung...

This is the 2nd time personally that Samsung doesn't deliver.

The first time was with my Samsung HU8500. Samsung in my region decided never to release a compatible version of the OneConnect box (SEK-3500) so even though their salesman ASSURED me my TV was future proof, within a year it was completely obsolete! No HDR, nothing!

Now with my KS9500, I get no fix for the PS4 Pro black screen issue, no HDR10+, impossible delays in firmware releases (typically 2-3 months after the US) and ZERO local support again!

What was a "flagship" TV, is now used for basic Youtube viewing by my kids. I moved on to LG and never looking back again!
Constellation

Samsung if you're listening we're all still very much interested in these feature for the ks8000.