KS8000 Won't Turn On

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: KS8000 Won't Turn On

I also have a 55” KS8000 that have the same symptoms.. I also bought it at Costco 2/2017.. they TS with me on the phone and supposed to send a tech with the possible replacement components.. but if it is the panel I don’t think they will bring it with it..  I’m within the 2 years warranty. Do they offered you to get a refund? 

Thanks

Asteroid

Had the same type of issue. Power cycling. Replaced the main board and power board. Still this same issue of pwoer cycling. Panel has definatley crapped out. Wonderful company if their quality is this good.

Asteroid

I had this same issue, Samsung support blows and I was stuck with a giant $1300 paperweight 1 month after warranty expired... never again

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I'm in the same boat with my un65ks8000.  15 months of great tv, but for 1600$ I probably could have rented it for 100$ a month.  I dont get how the repairs could be so costly, and how unbelievably useless Samsung customer service can be.   Samsung, am I supposed to just throw this 1600$ paperweight away?  All you can offer is to pay more money for a tech rep to tell me it will cost 1k to repair?  Cant believe I'm looking forward to getting rid of a pair of S9 phones for Apple instead.   Will never buy your products again, and hope no one else does either.

Constellation

i feel your pain. My TV has the exact same issue as of yesterday at exactly the 16th month timeframe.I am also seeing more of these issues pop up online recently so it seems like a design flaw

Constellation

update: went to the tech and said the panel was out of order and not worth fixing. Tech also told me that this model has been known to have this issue. What is Samsung doing? Selling a high end TV that dies after 16 months of use. More and more of the same issue is popping up online. Hopefully this will lead to a class action lawsuit. 

Constellation

Hi,

New to the forums, but my TV is exhbiting the same thing and its only a year and 4 months old. I am very annoyed as the TV was expensive and Samsung has done nothing to help me even thought its just outside of their warranty window. I am hoping that this thread can help as this is clearly a larger issue with the product they released and not a specific situation nor how I treated the device. 

Highlighted
Constellation

exact same thing happening to me, and warrenty just expired in May 2018 and ive told that repair will cost of out my pocket if it even can get repaired. tv not even 2 years old