LED SMART TV STARTED ON FIRE!

Highlighted
Constellation

LED SMART TV STARTED ON FIRE!

A Samsung UN50J6300 - 50-Inch Full HD 1080p Smart LED, that was purchased just less than a year ago today,  started on fire in my living room.  It started as a growing black spot in the corner of the screen and quickly turned into smoke and melting plastic.  Luckily, I noticed and was able to pull the power cord immediately.  I've heard about everything else that samsung makes is blowing up, is their TV's starting on fire also a problem?

4 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: LED SMART TV STARTED ON FIRE!

Sorry to hear that userXlWvZcD4ZT! Please send us a private message with your full model code and serial number as well as pictures of the damage.

Samsung Moderator

Hey there @userXlWvZcD4ZT we haven't heard from you yet and I wanted to check in with you. You are welcome to message here with the requested information: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Model # UN50J6300AFXZA 

Serial# <Hidden>

Constellation

Our tv just caught on fire while we were watching it. I can only assume if we weren’t home our house would also be on fire