My new UN65MU6290...

Constellation

My new UN65MU6290...

Just setup my new Samsung 65 in and I am extremely happy with it so far. Picture is amazing watched movies with dark backgrounds and no issues. Only question/problem I have is I have an older receiver (Sony STR-DE485) and would love to connect my TV to it so I can play sound through it. Do not have any way of doing that since this TV only has digital audio output. Am I missing something? Is there another way to do this? Thank you in advance!

UN65MU6290UN65MU6290

-Rick

Attachments

11 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: My new UN65MU6290...

If the receiver supports HDMI-ARC you can use the ARC port on the TV. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Hi Rick,

My name is Rob and I to have recently purchased a UN65MU6290, I was wondering if you might share your picture settings, or did you just use the default settings?

Happy to see your's is actually powered on, I have a weird power plug issue, and still waiting for Samsung to send me out one. it will be close to 1 month by the time I get the plug, I hope it is worth the waiting.

Cheers

Constellation

Hi Rob, the settings I changed where the brightness and a little bit of the picture quality. Everything else I left pretty much the same besides having the TV shut off after 4 hours of an activity. Other than that the TV has been absolutely amazing picture quality and sound quality. This weekend I'm going out to purchase a receiver that has digital audio inputs so I can have the TV go through a receiver instead of the speakers on the TV. Not that there's anything wrong with them at all! But that is the only downfall I see with this TV is there is no other audio outputs besides digital audio. Any other questions please feel free to ask. Have a great holiday and happy New Year!

Asteroid

Hello,

Thank You for the reply,  As I am still waiting, ( Power Plug )  I am currently just looking around on the web to see if I can finsd any calibration settings that other have been using. Found some that were not for this model TV however if I do find any specific for our model I'll happily  drop it here for you.

And Happy Holidays to you as well.......

Robert

Constellation

Hey dude, I have a similar situation with a Sony Walkman

(just kidding),

Sony receiver STR-K750P and my

Samsung TV UN55MU6290.

No audio sound.

The TV states it's only compatible with Dolby plus 5.1

My receiver has Dolby everything, but not sure if it has 5.1

Any way to bypass?

Constellation

Sony receiver STR-K750P

Samsung TV UN55MU6290

Attachments

Constellation

Hey there, You have to use Digital Audio Out to connect to your receiver. If your receiver does not have Digital Audio In, then you can do 1 of 2 things. Either get a new receiver with Digital Audio In or get a Digital Audio In to RCA out converter box like this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S5RF8XY/ref from Amazon. If I am wrong, so.eone please corre t me but this is the only way I can connect to a receiver without having Digital Audio In... About your 5.1, that is for your speaker setup. 5.1 means you have 2 front speakers, 2 back speakers, 1 center speaker and a sub woofer. There are other setups but it should work for you either way. Hope this helps...
Constellation

Rick,

TY for your input.

I found out

1) my receiver is 5.1 Dolby.

(TY for explaining the meaning of 5.1).

2) I could use an optical cable which the TV and receiver has.

3) you had a reply from Samsung moderator Cole who mentioned an HDMI-arc port, which is probably what you're suggesting with the Digital/RCA converter box (I'd have to look into that, TY for the link).

4) If the TV has a headphone Jack, use that.

5) As you said, get new receiver.

6) These TVs don't output external audio, except for 2) & 3) above.

Again, TY for responding.

Rikko

Constellation

TY 

Rikko