Need the MLB.TV app on my new QN65Q6FNAFXZA

Constellation

Need the MLB.TV app on my new QN65Q6FNAFXZA

Bought a QN65Q6FNAFXZA over the holidays, was dismayed to find that it didn't have MLB.TV in the app list on the Smarthub. How do I download the mlb.tv app for this new QLED TV?

5 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Need the MLB.TV app on my new QN65Q6FNAFXZA

If you have searched for the app and the TV is up to date; then the app is most likely removed by the content provider. It is possible the content provider will be releasing a new version of the app and has requested the old app to be removed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Are you saying it once was available? If so, that's encouraging; I would expect it to be available again this year. Since my TV is only ~2 weeks old, I don't know if it was available at any time prior to that.

I'll keep my eye on it for now. The 2019 season starts in a couple of months, so the app will need to be available prior to the start of the season.

Samsung Moderator

If any new information is provided on the MLB app, we will announce it publicly. Thank you for patience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

How will it be announced "publicly"? Will you send emails to registered Samsung TV owners? Or by what method?

Samsung Moderator

We will create a thread within Community.