JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
userejy9fuqyv2
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

When I click on the Netflix app my screen turns black and then nothing What to do?

userXPH70LlWwC
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm in the same boat.  Netflix not working on my new Samsung Smart TV.  I see that there have been some solutions but don't see them on this forum.  Can someone help me please?

fjfroelicher
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
not working here, cannot uninstall and reinstall, says "The basic set of apps on your device cannot be deleted" how exactly does one sign out to reinstall??
0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

sign out through the app. Try pressing and holding the enter button on the Netflix icon while in the smart hub apps screen. You should get a sub menu, one of which the options should be reinstall. 

0 Likes
fjfroelicher
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@michaelgeraci wrote:

sign out through the app. Try pressing and holding the enter button on the Netflix icon while in the smart hub apps screen. You should get a sub menu, one of which the options should be reinstall. 

Thanks, good to know, was able to see the option to reinstall using the press and hold method to bring up sub menu, would have been easier than the reset hub and unplug for two minute method.

0 Likes
MesaAZ
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Tried reloading the Netflix App.  Still did not work.

However, unplugged the UHDTV for two (2) minutes, turned UHDTV back on, selected SmartHub,

and clicked on Netflex.

IT'S WORKING!!!

Thanks for the tip             

Never had this happen over the last year I have had the UHDTV.

Well, it works.

JaFFaMaNchester
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've no idea if it will fix your issues, but I dsiabled 'Instant On' and it immediately made the app work.  

After a day or so I turned Instant On back on and not had an issue since.

Worth a try. 

Andymuzic
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Solved!! Called Samsung... nothing.

Called Nexflix.... nothing

reset TV..... nothing

Reinstalled app.... nothing

i treated this TV like I treated a frozen computer, because when you think about it.... it is a computer. I hard reset my TV, (unplugged it while it was turned on), and held the power button for 20 seconds on my remote. 

Plugged it it back in and turned tv on... it finally worked. I have a 2016 8000 series SUHD Tv and that resolved the issue. 

Important note!!

if you have your TV plugged into a surge protector, take it out and plug it into the wall directly, under-supplying power will result in having the TV freeze apps and run slow. 

I hope this helps!!

-Andy

Emmalouzoopoo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you. We have a Samsung 65' curved smart tv. Just signed up to Netflix and all another gadgets worked fine, mobile, i-pads, etc.... Sat down to watch a film on TV and Netflix screen just displayed the little circle going round. Left it for 20 minutes in case it was updating. Tried all different ways and then the whole family got involved and tried to solve it. They all eventually went Off up to their own rooms and left me to it. Gave up, then read your post. Switched the TV off at the mains (TV was still turned on at this point), left it off for 20 seconds, then turned on socket, held remote 'on' button for 10 seconds, tried the Netflix app and... It WORKED!

0 Likes
SteveSkolnick
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue.  TV installed.  Netflix not working.  TV = Samsung 55" Class KU6500 Curved 4K UHD TV.  

Day of installation no Netflix.  Selected Netfilx from menu and got a spinning circle for about a minute or so then back to menu.  Tried it a couple of times with the same results and decided to troubleshoot it the next day.  Watched regular TV.  Turned the TV off for the night.  Turned it back on the next morning and Netflix works.

Did nothing else - no resets, no uninstalls and installs, no firmware checks.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes