JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
userHo3CmI1jet
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the exactly same problem due to netflix is deemed as part of the firmware by samsung Smart, I cannot delete the app in order to reinstall. 

0 Likes
userNAC
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I had the same problem. The full power cycle (at wall) of TV and router worked though. No idea why.

Azieks42
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I do not see an option to "reinstall" nor do I get an option for "tools" on my TV. 😞 Help Please

0 Likes
colerjones
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

OK!

I have a Samsung UN55KU630DF that was working fine with netflix until yesterday. Suddenly, I get a red ring spinning that will never load.

I unlogged in on all devices per netflix website, and that worked for a few hours. Then, same thing happened again. I unplugged the TV for 5 mins, no dice. Unplugged the cable box for 5 mins, no dice. Tried the country reset code, and it simply will not work. I enter in the buttons it says on the terms and conditions page, and nothing happens.

I've had this TV for about a month, and am very irritated by this. Can anyone help me here?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi colerjones,
Do you have the newest firmware on your TV? 
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050184/ 
Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Vini81
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Hey I was having same issue here, I tried first resetting the TV to default and as second I did reset the Samsung hub to default. Not sure which one of the was but After that netflix is working fine on my tv, hope that works for you..
0 Likes
user8KaECoie2L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
This did not work for me. I do not consider this problem to be "solved."
0 Likes
userLWqhR5ZrMu
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You need to choose audio advanced settings and choose PCM and also replace Dolby mode from default to PCM. Then you will hear Netflix output to your external speakers via an optical output from the smart hub. 

0 Likes
TerryM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Did this fix ever see the light of day?  My NetFlix APP gets lost. It won't respond to any remote controls.  I looked for a way to uninstall and re-install the APP. Not able to find where this might be. I had to take the SMART TV back to factory settings and re-program the darn thing (including the the NETFLIX App). It worked for awhile. About two weeks later I found myself looking at the same fault signature. Thought I would check this Website for solutions before I repeat this recovery procedure.

It's pity that NetFlix and Samsung don't work better together to give their customers a better experience. Netflix is a good source of 4K material. The Smart TV is a good screen when it works.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Which model television are you using?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes