JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
user1II6gaFZnR
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for me.  

0 Likes
userrYsd0pzDmp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

UN60F7100AFXZA - I know it's an old TV. Saw its last firmware update over a year ago.

FWIW Netflix has never worked properly through the Smart Hub. Ran Netflix and A Prime through my Xfinity box and all was cool. Now I'm cutting the cord and Samsung still hasn't fixed what I can only assume are hardware issues with the LAN cards in these Smart TVs.

Wired connection suffers from significant lack of speed despite every other device on the network (both wired and WiFi) delivering Netflix and other streaming services without issue.

I expected more from Samsung.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please ensure that the software is up to date. Have you tried a Smart Hub reset?

0 Likes
userxFZTH1fXb2
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I cant seem to connect to Netflix anymore through the TV app but all other apps seem to work fine. I've tried a full power down and a complete smart hub reset. Error Code: NW-2-5. I'm on the latest software update for my TV as well (MU8000, Version: 1210) 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How is your television connected to the internet?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userMy2Mnov15L
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue with my MU8000, I have 35 MBps (download) and netflix keeps playing at low res, other apps like youtube work ok, showing 4k content with no issues. Is Netlix having issues on smart tvs? I'm connecting via WIFI, did not test cable.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Could you send me a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user0UG4AbmMr3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

i have same problem i click netflix just loding the app then stop

the tv connect network and i reset the tv and smart hub Nothing happens

Give me this message : smart security amlicious process has been blocking.(process:linrdp.so)

0 Likes
userkPQKx2QbOJ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Nope. This did not work for me.

0 Likes
userYj8uW8Nbfl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Netflix support number    #14113

The fix is to reinstall netflix. You do this by sighning out ( not exiting ) found on the details page. After a complete power off ( also hit the power button 3 times when off ) you must get to a new sign on page where it asks you to put in your password again. This fixed mine after weeks of frustration. The problem is netfix gets corrupted on the tv and needs to be reinstalled. Too bad there is no reinstall option for apps.

0 Likes