One Connect Reboot Loop

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

One Connect Reboot Loop

[ Edited ]

Had my UN65JS8500 for a year and a half with no issues until recently. Powered on three nights ago and  got a message that the TV is updating software and it will reboot automatically. Problem is, it will just keep rebooting nonstop until I unplug the One Connect. Without it plugged in TV works fine with apps. Doesn't matter if anything is or isn't plugged in to the box, the moment you plug the box in, the update loop starts.  Once in a whle it will stop the update thing but usually not read any sources. Once managed to get cable source working, but as soon as I switch to bluray source the TV gets really slow, essentially crashes and won't respond to inputs till I unplug the One Connect. Pulled tv off the wall and unhooked/reconnected the cable, no change. Samsung 4K player hooked up about two weeks ago, and worked fine at first. However, One Connect started not reading the source here and there but a power cycle would fix it. Got progressively worse and now this where I'm at. Dont know if thats what killed it or even related, but even with no sources plugged in to the box it does this. Really madenning, anyone run in to this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author FlyingSwallow
‎04-19-2017 05:56 PM

Re: One Connect Reboot Loop

A new box fixed the issue. 

154 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with the serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Update on the situation here is there is no update. Was told through online chat last Saturday that a new OCB would be sent to me within 3 to 5 days. No sign of it yet, called up Samsung, got someone overseas I can barely understand hence why I just used online chat to begin with, told me the tv is out of warranty thus they wouldn't ship a new box. But then he said well he wasn't sure if one was sent or not I just have to wait. This tv was thousands of dollars and I'm seemingly left hung to dry by Samsung cause its out of warranty by a few months. Not to mention I've got a washer, dryer, cell phone, and just bought a 4k bluray player from samsung that was also expensive. Moderator if you see this a response would be much appreciated, sent you two pms with tv info. I'm ready to get a new OCB on eBay and tell everyone I know to not go Samsung unless they are cool with zero customer support. 

Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry you haven't received a message @FlyingSwallow, I promise you we attempted to send you the tracking number but it seemed not to go through. Very very sorry, we're looking into the cause of why it didn't send. However, it's on it's way and can be tracked through UPS using tracking number 1Z3X756E0307122774. Looks like it's scheduled for delivery on Monday, 04/10/2017, By End of Day. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Thanks for the response and number. I literally just got off online chat support overseas again and they said it was not even shipped nor were they sure it would be. Seems the US side here has better data. Hope this fixes it
Samsung Moderator

You're very welcome, sorry again for the delay in getting that to you. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author FlyingSwallow
‎04-19-2017 05:56 PM

A new box fixed the issue. 

Constellation

I am having the same issue with my UN55JS8500 and need a OCM as well. Please let me know details to proceed. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the exact same issue.  I bought a new Mini connect box and cable.  This did not solve the problem.  UN50JU7100F is the model of TV.  It is 18months old.  

Specifically, the issue is this:

With One Connect Mini box disconnected, the TV works as designed.  Netflix, internet, etc, all works.  As soon as I plug in the Mini (which has a DirecTV tuner connected to it), the TV will turn on, to a backlit black screen.  After a minute or so, the TV will reboot.  I have factory reset the TV, replaced both the OCM cable and box, tried with the DirecTV disconnected.  Tried replacing the HDMI cable from DTV to OCM.  Tested the DTV box in a different room.  I also turned off "auto update" of software on the TV, which was recommended on some other forum.  All to no avail.

Thanks,

Josh

Samsung Moderator

Hello usermjxP6P1PgD and userEV865Er9ST, what software version are you two running?