One Connect Reboot Loop

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: One Connect Reboot Loop

I am also experiencing this same issue
Constellation

FlyingSwallow wrote:

Had my UN65JS8500 for a year and a half with no issues until recently. Powered on three nights ago and  got a message that the TV is updating software and it will reboot automatically. Problem is, it will just keep rebooting nonstop until I unplug the One Connect. Without it plugged in TV works fine with apps. Doesn't matter if anything is or isn't plugged in to the box, the moment you plug the box in, the update loop starts.  Once in a whle it will stop the update thing but usually not read any sources. Once managed to get cable source working, but as soon as I switch to bluray source the TV gets really slow, essentially crashes and won't respond to inputs till I unplug the One Connect. Pulled tv off the wall and unhooked/reconnected the cable, no change. Samsung 4K player hooked up about two weeks ago, and worked fine at first. However, One Connect started not reading the source here and there but a power cycle would fix it. Got progressively worse and now this where I'm at. Dont know if thats what killed it or even related, but even with no sources plugged in to the box it does this. Really madenning, anyone run in to this before?

I am having the same issues... what can I do?
Constellation

I too am having this problem with my UE55JS8500 - also around 18 months old. It was working fine on Saturday night, then Sunday morning wanted to download software and, with the OCM connected, goes into this endless loop. I have plugged a terrestrial ariel in and with the OCM disconnected can watch Freeview (but the interface seems very slow and clunky), but as soon as the OCM goes back in the software loop starts again. I've tried going to Smart Hub and turned off the App and Auto Game update. Then under Auto Start Settings I turned off Smart Hub, but this has not solved the problem.

Have any others experienced this? What's the fix? I could buy a new OCM but want to be sure that would fix the problem. Alternatively, is it a software problem? Does the main board need replacing?

I'm very quicky losing all faith I had in the Samsing brand... please help 

Constellation

mickp11 wrote:

I too am having this problem with my UE55JS8500 - also around 18 months old. It was working fine on Saturday night, then Sunday morning wanted to download software and, with the OCM connected, goes into this endless loop. I have plugged a terrestrial ariel in and with the OCM disconnected can watch Freeview (but the interface seems very slow and clunky), but as soon as the OCM goes back in the software loop starts again. I've tried going to Smart Hub and turned off the App and Auto Game update. Then under Auto Start Settings I turned off Smart Hub, but this has not solved the problem.

Have any others experienced this? What's the fix? I could buy a new OCM but want to be sure that would fix the problem. Alternatively, is it a software problem? Does the main board need replacing?

I'm very quicky losing all faith I had in the Samsing brand... please help 

Update: After spending an hour or so online with Samsung chat support (who told me to try switching the power off for 2 mins and trying again before referring me to a local repair company for a costly visit), in desperation I tried a couple of other things I'd seen people try in different forums:

1) Disconnect everything from the OCM and use canned air to clean the connections, including both ends of the OCM lead

2) Reversed the OCM lead, so the end that was in the OCM is now in the TV

This has worked, and I'm pleased to say that the issue is now resolved. I had also perfomed a S/W upgrade to the latest version via USB earlier, maybe this helped but I still had the error message after. I hope this helps others with this frustrating error message. 

Good luck people, don't give up!

Constellation

I am having this same issue with a TV that is two years old.  I have tried doing a factory reset on the tv, resetting my samsung account, and have purchased a new OCM but nothing has worked yet.  I will try doing the cleaning and cable swapout next but is there any other options?

Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Changing the one connect mini box did’nt work for me. I also tried changing the cable and did not work. Any othe suggestions?

Constellation

I already did lose my faith in them. They got me all dizzy sending me from one place to another and nobody seems to have an logical idea
Samsung Moderator

Service would be the next step.  Could you send a private message with your model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Please get us that information as soon as you can.