One Connect Reboot Loop

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: One Connect Reboot Loop

If the TV does not loop when disconnected from the OCB, a new OCB is recommended. I have also seen where some users were able to replace the batteries in the remote and it fixed it. If you have already tried both of those options, then having a technician out is the only other thing I could recommended.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator

Were you able to check the batteries?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I have model UN65JU7100FXZA purchased 20 months ago.  I'm having this reboot loop like it appears many others are also having.  I've tried quite a number of attempts to fix this as suggested here. 

I'm disappointed Samsung seems to have problems with their products. 

I'm struggling to fix this expensive TV.  It says "Software Updating, do not turn off TV, it will resent automatically."

Then it reboots and restarts.  Will turn on for about 15 seconds before it starts the process again.

Can you advise me with my options other than be being S.O.L ?

Thanks

Bill Wilson

Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with the serial number as well? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Constellation

Is there a fix for this issue ?
Samsung Moderator

Either another OCB or repair.  Could you send us a private message with the model and serial number of the television?  

Samsung Moderator

Get that to us as soon as you can.  

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Reaching out to support, I am being told repeatedly that I need to purchase a new OCM. How can I find someone to speak to for a free replacement, as this is clearly a problem caused by Samsung?

Astronaut

Fixed One Connect Reboot Loop

Recently took my TV down to mount it on the wall. Upon remounting it, I was stuck in the infamous "installing update/one connect mini disconnected" restart. No other solutions had any effect other than the one below.

Fixed un65ju7100 OLED Samsung TV Reboot Loop by plugging in the opposite the ends of the one connect cable between the box and the TV. Turned the TV back on, no reboot issues. As a precautionary, I went into the menu and disabled auto-update. 

I found this solution buried in these posts, but it should be the first thing tried before buying any more of samsung's proprietary garbage. There is no apparent difference between either end of the one connect cable, and I have no justifyable reason why this works other than it worked instantly. 

Moderator, this should be in your 1st suggestion of solving this problem for anyone going forward. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Wish I could send you a picture of this piece of “ UHD 4K Samsung smart tv . I’m tired of Samsung and their poor customer services. Samsung should be responsible of replacing the OCM for free . I can’t believe I paid more than $1200 dollars for a tv which is useless without a OCM . I’m done with you Samsung.