One Connect Reboot Loop

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: One Connect Reboot Loop

hello there. i have the same issue. so did you find out what it was? i would apreciate the help so i can try and fix it
Asteroid

I have the same issue on my brand new tv. It sounds like it’s hit and miss with fixing the issue. Maybe just not buy Samsung TVs...

Asteroid

I’ve tries it 10 different times. At first I was getting a blank screen when I plugged it in. Now I get it updating and restarting, updating and restarting over and over. SO FRUSTRATING. 

Asteroid

I’m having the same problem. I’m glad I have a worthless 2300$ sitting in my living room. Thanks Samsung. 

Asteroid

Can I get some help for this too please? I have a worthless 2300$ sitting in my living room right now. 

Supernova

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and serial number of the unit.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the exact same issue. I bought a new Mini connect box and cable. This did not solve the problem. UN75JU7100F is the model of TV. It is 15months old. It looks after one year 3K$ product is a crap for Samsung. 

Specifically, the issue is this:

With One Connect Mini box disconnected, the TV works as designed. Netflix, internet, etc, all works. As soon as I plug in the Mini (which has a DirecTV tuner connected to it), the TV will turn on, to a backlit black screen. After a minute or so, the TV will reboot. I have factory reset the TV, replaced both the OCM cable and box, tried with the DirecTV disconnected. Tried replacing the HDMI cable from DTV to OCM. Tested the DTV box in a different room. I also turned off "auto update" of software on the TV, which was recommended on some other forum. All to no avail.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing the issues with (2) Samsung Smart TV's that I've spent over $5k.

Both are running Apple TV so we can use live tv streaming, etc. I have a pregnant wife and toddler at home so if you could please send me new mini connects ASAP it would be much appreciated.

Model#UN60JU7100FXZA

Serial #<Hidden>

Problem:

When the Mini Connect is plugged in the TV shows two messages 1) TV Software Update in progress 2) Mini Connect software update in progress. This continues until I unplug the TV power, and when I plug the TV power back in it does the same reboot loop.

Model#UN65JS8500FXZA

Serial #<Hidden>

Problem:

Zero detection of Mini-Connect which equates to zero TV functionality for me

Constellation

And not to mention, I'm now going to be TV-less for Super Bowl Sunday? Hopefully Samsung can help me out by shipping new equipment over night.

Constellation

I am experiencing the issues with (2) Samsung Smart TV's that I've spent over $5k.

Both are running Apple TV so we can use live tv streaming, etc. I have a pregnant wife and toddler at home so if you could please send me new mini connects ASAP it would be much appreciated.

Model#UN60JU7100FXZA

Serial #<Hidden>

Problem:

When the Mini Connect is plugged in the TV shows two messages 1) TV Software Update in progress 2) Mini Connect software update in progress. This continues until I unplug the TV power, and when I plug the TV power back in it does the same reboot loop.

Model#UN65JS8500FXZA

Serial #<Hidden>

Problem:

Zero detection of Mini-Connect which equates to zero TV functionality for me