Overheating - Screen melting? UN55JS9000

Constellation

Overheating - Screen melting? UN55JS9000

This just started happening to my second JS9000 TV but this time it's much worse. Now the screen is overheating and causing it to bleed(?) black blotches from the sides. Does anyone know what causes this and is it worth repairing at this point? Its getting VERY hot where the light is on the edge and seems to be a fire hazard if left on.

JS9000 Screen Overheat

See more topics labeled with:

3 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Overheating - Screen melting? UN55JS9000

Oh no! We're sorry to see that, please send us a private message so that we can look into this for you: Link

Constellation

My screen looks almost the same on a white screen. I posted my screen issue last Sunday on the Community with no responses:

The left edge on a bright scene almost looks "melted", with a wavey edge (best way I can describe it).

So, after seeing your post I went and touched the edge of the TV and it's so hot that I can't hold my hand on it for any length of time. No melting of the panel edge that I can see though.

Now I'm concerned it's a fire hazard.

Samsung Moderator

@usernwYfp88sfM: Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.