PS4 and Samsung TV Remote

SOLVED
Asteroid

PS4 and Samsung TV Remote

[ Edited ]

We have a UN65MU9000 and it’s been having off and on issues with the PS4. Initially we were able to control the PS4 with the TV’s remote, mainly used with the PlayStation TV app but are no longer able to do so. 

I’ve tried resetting the HDMI Device Link/PS4 and the Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) including power on/off with no such luck. I did try configuring the Universal Remote but there is no option for Sony or PS4 under any of the listings.

Edit: I forgot to add that both are updated to the latest and the PS4 will no longer auto turn on if switching to the device from the TV. It will switch to it if the PS4 is is turned on first. 

See more topics labeled with:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author PedesNex
‎03-02-2018 12:08 PM

Re: PS4 and Samsung TV Remote

Hello! So I was having the same issue with my tv just recently and after searching online for a bit I came across this link here...https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tv/thread-id/204/page/2, and then it also lead me to this link...https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049106/

But the fix for me was just unplugging the TV for a good 15 minutes. After plugging the TV back in I turned on the PS4 first and the TV turned on with it. The smart remote also started to work with the PS4 again! Not sure how long this will last for but I'm just glad I got the smart remote to work with my PS4 again. Hope this works for you too!

23 REPLIES
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

How was it previously set up to control the PlayStation?

Asteroid

When the TV was first set up, it auto detected the PS4 and the remote controlled it right out of the box.
Samsung Moderator

Have you been through a universal remote setup on the TV yet?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

I’ve tried that but there is no option in setting up a PS4 but there is for Xbox. Under OTT Box/Game Console, the only option available is Sony and I’ve tried that but it still doesnt detect it.

Asteroid

I don't know the solution, but just chiming in to say that this happened with me, too, using a UN40MU7000 and PS4 Pro. The controller worked on my PS4 out of the box and no longer does.
Samsung Moderator

Are you trying to connect the controller to the television or the television remote to the PlayStation?

Asteroid

The television’s remote to the PS4.

Samsung Moderator

@userE7h66z8C2h: Are you using the pro?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I do have the exact same problem. No luck with the support so far