Please bring the IR blaster back!!

Astronaut

Re: Please bring the IR blaster back!!

The IR blaster most definitely needs to come back regardless of what you want and thinking that it's an old technology, the old technology is still going to be around for at least another 15 years people don't just throw away TVs and if you have a network setup then now you have two GD volumes going on, the network volume is Never As Good As the original TVs volume. 

As for what may seem like such a small insignificant little device ive not upgraded to anything higher than a note 4 (when before i was upgrading phones every other flagship)

Samsung definitly got it right withe the 4 , they just need to make a 4 with all the new chips and waterproof/resistant.

Highlighted
Constellation

I Agree. Still on S6 because S7 and S8 hav no IRBlaster

Astronaut

Last year, I had to leave Samsung and move to LG because they have IR blasters. Too bad, really. It was a great feature that made the device more functional. It couldn't have added much to the cost.

I miss Samsung. Smiley Sad

Please bring the IR blaster back, I thought my note 8 would have this but I thought wrong.. please ensure that the s9 and note 9 have them it will make the devices SO MUCH BETTER!
Constellation

Please bring the IR blaster back!!

Me!!!!
Constellation

I agree
Constellation

thanks for the info
Astronaut

The IR blaster was the main reason I did not buy an IPhone, its also the reason I'm still holding onto my S6 edge
Asteroid

WE DEF NEED THE IR BLASTER ON THE S9 SAMSUNG, PLEASE PULL THROUGH LIKE YOU DID WITH WATER IP68 AND MCROSD SLOT

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Agree...have kept my Samsung S6+ and won't upgrade to another phone unless it has IR Blaster.  Will get an LG before buying another Samsung and I've loved my Samsungs from S4 to S5 to S6.  But not since they took it away.  I use it everywhere.  Just because it is older technology, I've found more practical uses of this technolgoy than some of the new ones (face sensor..give me a break).  For instance, when traveling to stay with inlaws, my parents, hotels etc., where no network based solution will ever exist.  I have my own remote.  Went to a friends Apartment complex with a video viewing room and no remote (taken).  Would have been a useless room but viola..who has an S6+ with IR blaster?  Yep..me and 5 minutes later the kids are all watching a Disney video.  Sorry guys but "old technology" stays around for a long time and this functionality is priceless!  Bring back the IR blaster Samsung!