QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

Asteroid

Re: QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

I'm also seeing this White Flash when watching Blue rays on PS3. QF7
Constellation

What is wrong with these tv's? You're getting the flashes on a ps3 too! Yeah I got them on both PS4 and PS4 pro, and now xbox One x. I'm looking to get a completely different brand tv as Samsung has been nothing but problems

Constellation

Here's a trick that I found to work; if you're concerned about the white flashes you can do what I've done here.

1. Turn on tv.

2. Discover a new permanent black line of dead pixels across the entire  screen.

Credit where it' due, I was concerned I'd have to do a lot of testing on my part to figure out the issue but I'm glad Samsung's made it easy for me to rule out everything but the q7f. 

Serial QA55Q7FAM333236.

Highlighted
Constellation

[ Edited ]

Update: I got an immediate email from Samsung after my post regarding my new black line feature..

Opened the email thinking it would be customer service trying to get in touch; turns out it was just an automated message telling me that after my 2 posts I'm now qualified to be an Astronaut in their eyes.. Hate to break it to you, but at this stage I'm liable to defect and join the Cosmonauts.

Dasvidaniya!

QLED Q7F displays a white picture for a split second!! Randomly

I just got my Q7F yesterday and the one connect box isn't working(allegedly). now I'm waiting on a new box which takes 5 to 10 business days. yay Samsung. I'm thinking I should just return it considering I bought it for my Xbox one x... yay for a 1600 dollar door stop!
Constellation

Okay so here is what i tried so far,   I have purchased premium surge protector cost 50 bucks for 4 ports. Didnt work,  tried plugging in the wall, problem still persisted.  Purhased a brandnew ethernet 6a cable for both my xbox and one connect box, problem still continues.    I am about to try the last option.  I turned off hdr in the general settings and will report back if it happens.

i wish samsubg could address this.   Obviously many people are experiencing this! 

Constellation

I also want to say its not always a white flash, sometimes it looks like its a green flash, it occurs sooo fast its reallt hard to tell. Audio is not interrupted

Constellation

It only happens with external devices too. If I watch Netflix through the smart hub, it’s perfect. This tv is the biggest piece of garbage. First 3 to 5 second blackouts with Ps4, and flashes. Now flashes with Xbox. My flashes aren’t the entire screen. Usually it’s just a subtle white flicker on one part of the screen, or a brighter white flash the size of a fist. I would like a full refund for this tv. I just don’t have the time nor patience to be battling with Samsung. They are never any help and are always clueless to what’s going on.

Constellation

Okay so i am 95% sure that it has something to do with HDR.  I turned off the HDMI UHD Color settings and so far i havent seen a single flash.        Samsung please address this,  sounds like a software issue 

Constellation

It’s definitely a software issue with UHD color mode. With the PS4 Pro, I was getting the 3 to 5 second blackouts. With this setting off, it stopped. With Xbox, I don’t get blackouts but the one quick white flash and and there. It stops when UHD is turned off. Keep in mind, I had my one connect box replaced, 3 different hdmi cables, as well as main board swapped. It’s a Samsung software issue. I’m happy I’m not getting the blackouts anymore, but the flashes are definitely related to the blackouts. All stems from the same issue