Samsung KS8000 HDR or HDR + where is the brightness?

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Samsung KS8000 HDR or HDR + where is the brightness?

After turning all the eco mode settings to off nothing will happen. You have to then go back into advanced picture settings and click on backlight (let’s say you already have it set on max which is 20) turn the backlight down to 19 or whatever and then back up to 20 again and you’ll see immediately your tv backlight will kick on and you’ll see why the tv is one of the brightest on the market.
It must be a bug in the system because every firmware we get I have to go to eco settings , turn them all off, then go back to advanced picture , backlight(which I keep on 20) and turn it down then back up again. It makes no sense but works and the picture is amazing and so bright I don’t even like watching tv on my other TVs. So you know with backlight on 20 after doing the echo fix my brightness is only set on 45.
Let me know if that helps. It did for me. Best of luck.
Constellation

It’s not your Xbox one s, it’s your settings . First turn off all the garbage fake special viewing mode settings.
Second go to system, then eco mode and turn off every single setting there. Third, for picture mode just choose standard for gaming. Make sure you do this in this exact order. Eco mode has to be turned off first , it’s a known Samsung bug that is in every firmware and you have to do what I said above every time your tv auto updates to a new firmware. Once you have done all that here are the settings I use for my 4k movies, tv; and ps4 pro and Xbox one x.
Backlight = 20
Brightness= 45
Contrast= 100
Sharpness= 0
Color= 50 to 63 try them out
Tint= do not touch
Digital clean view = off
Auto motion plus = Custom (when gaming off). blur and judder reduction =10 , LED clear motion = 0
Smart Led= high
Hdmi uhd color= turn all on
Hdmi black level (when not greyed out) = Auto or low
Dynamic contrast= high
Color tone= standard or cool (warm is too red for me)
White balance, 2pt = B-gain= 10
Gamma= 0
RGB= off
Color space = Auto
Constellation

I have a ps4 pro and Xbox one x hooked up to my ks9000 and don’t have any of the problems you guys mention once I changed all the settings correctly . I’ve posted them several times In this thread if you follow what I said word for word in the exact order I bet you’ll see a great improvement. The key, because of a Samsung bug is you have to do it in the correct order or the backlight won’t come on and turning up even if you have it set to 20 which will make everything grey looking . Just check my replies to a couple people here I list them start to finish and it works . I advised Samsung of the bug that if you have backlight set to max (20) then turn off all eco options, most times nothing happens, then you go back to backlight and it’s still set on 20. But if you then change the 20 to 19 and then back to 20 bam, all of the sudden the tv is super bright again like it was in the store. Samsung doesn’t listen to I’m trying to help my fellow gamers and tv brothers .
Constellation

So without HDR10, what kind of HDR quality does the KS8000 really have? 

Astronaut

I am having this problem with my Apple TV.  It won't let me use the HDR function as the screen goes black.  Did you ever find a solution as to why the other devices don't detect the TV as HDR?

Asteroid

I was getting that same dim look until I went into settings and see eco mode. I turned off eco mode and now the picture is bright and not dim.

Constellation

I recently discovered that if I turn UHD colour off and then back on again, the grey disappears! Try it out 

Constellation

Didn’t realize this at first. Helped me out a ton and fixed my issue with dimming HDR content!

Constellation

@vhm wrote:

Hi @moorec73 i havent resolve the issue. Still looks dim. What i found is that i got a Roku Ultra and when i watch Netflix HDR and Amazon HDR video looks a bit much better, Still dim but a much better. I dont know if it is the Roku or the HDMI cable i purchase which is 18GB +. Everybody says all HDMI cables are eual and it is not true. I was using regular 4K HDMI cable version 1.4 and other i got for free from CableVision and i had issues changing to HDMI HDR on ROku Ultra with HDMI UHD Color ON on that HDMI port. Once i got HDMI 2.0b cables there was no issues I and it actually looks better.

Here is the link to hdmi cable

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019EHU8G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now i did got a new firmware on my TV version1141. I haven't see no difference with HDR brightness.

My TV is Samsung UN60KS8000FXZA

You do realize how flawed your logic is in reference to hdmi cables right? 

Shouldnt be a suprise thiugh, this whole thread is filled with bad info, basically unless you have a top of the line 8000 series  you will have a junk HDR experience. The brightness of these sets is just not great 

Highlighted
Constellation

And everyone elses input on here has been helpful except for yours, if you don't have any helpful info on the subject and you are such an expert then why are you here looking at other peoples posts, know it all.

Thanks to all the helpful people on this post.