Samsung KS8000 HDR or HDR + where is the brightness?

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Samsung KS8000 HDR or HDR + where is the brightness?

This 100% worked for me!  The darkness/dimming is not as bad as it once was.  Thanks for all of the ideas everyone.  I had all but given up on my Samsung TV, but this resolved the issue to an extent and it's tolerable now.  I still hope at some point that Samsung will come up with a firmware update that will continue to improve their HDR picture quality.

Highlighted
Constellation

If you go to settings/ picture/ expert settings/ colour space settings. Set to custom and change from BT 2020 to DCI-P3, then on the same screen go to colour and turn all colours to 0, this worked for me on Samsung nu55ue8070, my other settings are as follows.

Backlight 50 on fully

Brightness 1 max on this set is 3

Contrast 50 on fully

Sharpness 10 max is 20

colour 30 max is 50

local dimming low

contrast enhancer high

colour tone and picture mode bothe set to standard

Gamma st.2084 set to 2

Hope it works for you, even Ozark on Netflix looks better and that was atrocious

Constellation

Have the xbox s set to 4k, and 10 bit colour, but leave the' HDMI UHD colour' to off on the tv untill you start up the movie. If your playing a 4k blue ray, you will get a message saying "for best experience watch on HDR tv", ignore that. (you will have a very crushed black image temporarily) Now go and turn on HDMI UHD colour in the tv menu, and boom! ultra bright / normal contrast. no more dark/dull image.