Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

I have the same model and mine did the same thing.

Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number for the television?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

Hey userjUowUlIh8y,

I am curious as to what you plan on doing about your TV. I am assuming the TV is out of warranty and I am positive that the cost of repair is out of the question. I spent last evening checking circuits on the PCB (Main and power supply) and all circuits check out. The Samsung technician was correct in his diagnosis but I believe he was wrong on the cause. He told my wife the control panel was shorted out due to a power surge. I do not buy this for many reasons; first, because we have a whole house line conditioner and surge protection. Secondly, I had the TV and all of the accessories on another surge strip; thirdly, the power supply PCB would be the first to go due to an incoming surge and the PS PCB checked out fine.

I having a hard time swallowing this whole thing; I bought the TV as an investment and to have the TV repaired with a new control panel would cost more than the TV is worth. Samsung is making me feel that TV's are not an investment and they are disposable like a small appliance. I would like to know or see the data on the life expectincy of a Samsung TV in general and specifically the UN65KS8500 and alike.

Cosmic Ray

Hey Ace_ExE,

I am curious to know how Samsung provided a solution for this problem? Can you provide this information as to how they fixed your TV.

Thank you,

Mike

Cosmic Ray

Dear SamsungMichelle,

What did you do to provide a solution for Ace_ExE and can you share this solution. My TV has the same symptoms and nobody provided me with any solutions except to politely tell me to buy a new TV.

Thank you,

Mike

Cosmic Ray

Dear user0yew1TriH7,

Did you ever get any resolve from Samsung on this problem with your TV? I have read several posts on this topic of the TV turning on and off by itself with no solutions or recommendations as to the cause or resolution only private messages.

Regards, 

Mike

Constellation

Samsung Moderator

@SpearDaddy    Your issue will need to be diagnosed by a service technician.  Since it is out of warranty, you can find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair using this link.

Cosmic Ray

Dear SamsungLou,

Thank you for your reply; the issue was first diagnosed by a certified Samsung service technician that I paid $200 dollars for his visit (Please check my records and other posts) I then took it to a local repair shop and he told me the same thing that the control panel needs to be replaced and it would cost more than the TV is worth. I checked with Samsung Parts today for Part number BN95-02607A control panel for the UN65KS8500FXZA and the cost is a little over $1,600 with shipping just for the panel.

The sub-contracted technician gave me an estimate of $1,300 for the control panel plus labor. This is not acceptable and Samsung needs to do the right thing and offer an affordable solution.

By profession I am a mechanical engineer and I work in the electronics industry. As a matter of fact I have designed several parts for Samsung Korea in the late 90's to ~2008.

The TV was an investment not a disposable entity after 2 years. I am a little shocked by Samsungs' response of being out of warranty please call our service department. This is an unreasonable solution for customer retention.

Regards,

Mike