Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

We apologize. The television is too far out of the warranty to provide any accommodations.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

Dear SamsungLou,

Thank you again for your reply.

The TV is 2 years old; so you are having me believe the the end of life cycle for a $2,400 TV is 1 year, the length of the manufacturers warranty? I have been a life long supporter and customer of Samsung and this is not sitting with me very well with me especially since I am seeing several other people with the same problem. People should not have to buy an extended warranty at a cost of 13% of the value of the TV for a piece of mind. Like I stated before this TV was an investment not a disposable entity. Now I am concerned about my Samsung Family Hub refrigerator and other devices.

I do not have a problem paying for the TV to be repaired for a reasonable cost and $1,300 is not a reasonable cost to the customer. This TV was a "Premium" Samsung product and the life expectancy should be much greater than 1 year. This panel was manufactured by Samsung and was not subcontracted to another panel manufacturer like the lower end TV's. Samsung please stand behind your products and do the right thing. I know I am reaching on this question, do you know or can you find out the life expectancy of these panels? I know Samsung keeps meticulous records and data on failure rates and alike.

I know Samsung is a supporter of sustainability and the environment and by not offering a viable solution for repair Samsung is increasing its footprint on the environment through e-waste. For example if Samsung sold 43 million units of all their TV's in say 2016 and they have a failure rate of 5% after 2 years and each year after that for say 5 years. By not offering a viable and cost effective solution for repair after the first year starting in 2017 by 2022  close to 11 million TV's will have been discarded as e-waste to be processed we hope. But a large percentage will end up in the landfill.  

My point is we the consumer' buy premium products as an investment for years to come and look beyond a one year warranty because we are buying a companies top of the line product. We expect quality when purchasing a premium product and know that the company will stand behind their products and for the unfortunate few who do have product failures that the company offers viable and cost effective solutions. Samsung do the right thing!

Regards,

Mike

Asteroid

I keep having this problem! My tv is only 2 years old and i never had an issue with it until now...can someone please help me with this issue? I am seriously freaking out...i can't afford to buy another...please tell me this can fixed and rectified with a simple fix.

Supernova

@usernt0LVw5acF: I am sorry to hear this. Can I get the full model number and current software version installed on your unit?

Asteroid

My model # is UN55H6203AF and what did you mean by current software version? Its a smart tv i thought that it did its own updates? 

Asteroid

Yes please
Asteroid

Ok thats it....i cant have anybody help me...the support says 24/7and ywt iy says that no one is available....this is the VERY last time i am buying a samsung producr and i ASSURE you my next tv is not gonna be a samsung...or dvd player, or phone or tablet etc. I am a very hard working man wjth not much money and samsung are selling cheap producr at a premium price. I am very regretful of investing money in them, i will not make the same mistake twice. Samsung, you should be ashamed of yourselves...ripping people off like that 

Cosmic Ray

Dear usernt0LVw5acF,

Samsung can and they refuse to do the right thing!

„„ BACKLIGHTS
1. Activate Backlights Test:
-- Disconnect Lead Cable from Main Board to Power Supply.
√√ TV Screen for active backlight LEDs.
2. If NO BACKLIGHTS
√√ Minus (Control) & Plus pins (Supply) on the Panel Connector voltages to the Panel.
-- If no pin voltages replace SMPS.
3. If BACKLIGHTS ON BUT PANEL SECTION(S) OFF
√√ The Supply Drive + pins. All should measure same.
-- If a + pin measures higher voltage, a string(s) of LEDs are likely open.
-- Remove Panel connector and verify same open backlight voltage condition. Replace Panel.
4. If a + pin measures low voltage disconnect connector to panel
√√ The Low Plus Pin Voltage again.
-- If it stays low the SMPS is defective, if it goes high, defective Panel.
For BACKLIGHT DIMMING PROBLEMS:
• Go to Menu £ Picture £ Backlight and vary level (0 – 20)
• If no backlight changes observed:
√√ Panel Connector minus (-) pin voltages and P-DIM voltages (CNL801) while changing backlight level.
• If minus Panel voltages don’t change, and P-DIM changes, replace SMPS.
• If P-DIM doesn’t change replace Main/T-CON Board.
MUTE 4 1 9 EXIT to test Panel Backlight Sections.

The above is taken from Samsung's technicians manual to troubleshoot the backlights. I have completed all of the tests and troubleshooting suggestions that the technicians manual has and the problem is in the panel itself. I have yet to tear the panel open but I am about to soon to find the real issue.

The panel part number where the issue lies in my instance is BN95-02607A (65" KS8500). My version number is FA01 which can be found on the back of the TV next to the part and serial number. If you have the "FA01" version number, this means the panel was produced by "SDC" (Samsung Display Corp.)? The SMPS and mainboards are produced by SOLUM. The other version is "AA02" and the panels are produce by a Chinese company called AUO. Both versions use the same SMPS boards but have different mainboards. I am curious to know which version you have?

I know you are livid as am I along with many others. The TV is an investment and should not be treated as a commodity such as Samsung is doing to us.

To replace the panel, the cost is ~$1,600 if you purchase from Samsung Parts (J&J Parts) with shipping costs. This is extortion in some respects because the comparable 2018 model is UN65NU8500FXZA and the cost is ~$1,400 to $1,500 retail. How can one 2 year old part cost more than a new comparable model is beyond me. And if you want to protect your investment beyond the one year warranty the cost of a 5 year extended warranty is $350 more dollars. If they build quality TV's we should not have to worry about the extended warranty as we thought we were buying their "Premium" TV.

I am not opposed paying for a new panel, but I am opposed to paying an exhorbinate price for a discontinued TV line part. Samsung offer the replacement panels for a fair price and we will continue to support Samsung! This is not only good for customer relations but it is also good for the environment and sustainability; do the right thing Samsung!

I will check back in a day or two too reply or answer anymore questions. I am also thinking of starting a couple of more posts on this website along with others about this issue.

Regards,

Mike

Astronaut

I had the same issue last night and Samsung couldn’t do anything to help it’s such frustrating and I will recommend anyone to never ever purchased Samsung product
Astronaut

Samsung is the worst ever TV to purchased because same issue happens to me last night and the Samsung company wouldn’t tell you the issue because they already know that all their TV doesn’t last more than 2 years...Smh it’s better to advise all your family and friends to never buy any Samsung product