Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

I think it something to do with any wireless connection the TV has to another device.

Constellation

Hello just seen the message online about the Samsung TV that is flashing off and on I am having the same issue did you guys ever find a fix? I have only had this TV for about 2 years and all of a sudden just started flashing off and on.

Astronaut

Check your remote. We had the same problem with our TV turning on and off as well as the little red dot flashing. There was corrosion inside the remote where the batteries are connected. As soon as we took the batteries out the TV stayed on. When we put the batteries in the red light started flashing and the tv turned off. It’s the remote so we are ordering a new one. 

Hope this helps. 

-Jeff 

Constellation

I have the same problem. Tv is 3 years old been going on for over a year now. Isn't it amazing a gazillion dollar company like samsung just tells their customers to screw off after they make a defective product. Isn't that amazing. Stop buying them and they will stop screwing us all over.  I paid thousands as well for a tv shorting out qfter 2 years.  I have a westinghouse and LG almost 10 years old no joke and still running strong.  When you ask them what they will do, you can see there scripted answers.  I wish we could sue them honestly.

Asteroid

Did you try disconnecting the internal power cable and reconnecting it, per the video I posted? 

Constellation

Yes! Count me in because not even the technician that I have insurance with the tv doesn’t know what’s the problem. He kept saying that is something wrong with mother board. 

Astronaut

My tv started the power off cycle today, 3-4 years old, and I have found the network to be suspect.

Looking at possible problems, like auto shut off settings, I wanted to look into software updates that might be available.  Since i have been using another, non samsung, device to connect i had to try and set up the network connection.  It failed.  2-3 times in a row i tried to access the network set up menu and the tv controls froze up until the on/off cycle triggered (it is happening every 4-6 minutes).  It is also worth mentioning that the display did not freeze, the cycling images of a screen saver kept being updated without a hitch, just the tv setting menu disapeared when ì selected the network setup option and the remote became unresponsive.

Attn:  Samsung staff.  You need to post something that the public can see FAST.  This thread looks very bad but a simple public response, even a we don t know, would go a long way to salvaging what seems to be a growing problem.

Astronaut

We started having the same issue with our TV several months ago and it’s extremely frustrating! Sometimes the TV won’t even turn on before it begins the cycle, other times we could be in the middle of watching and suddenly it will turn off and begin the constant “clicking” like it’s trying to turn back on.

We’ve tried unplugging for several minutes- nothing. By the looks of it, Samsung doesn’t really seem to care that this is a huge issue!

Constellation

This appears to be a remote problem and by removing the batteries from the original Samsung remote and using a universal remote solved our issue. Hope this helps someone else!

Samsung Moderator

We appreciate the input!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.