Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

My 75 inch 4K Samsung just powers off and on while watching program.  I have called Samsung several times about this with no solution.  My TV was purchased in April of 2018.  I also called my cable provider and they are telling me that it is a problem in the TV itself, nothing else.  They also referred me to this post as many people are having this

same problem.

He said it was not the cable box because it does not go off when the TV does.

Samsung Moderator

@userdaTRXLBLvI, we would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us the model number and the serial number to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

After unplugging your TV and letting it set for a few minutes to purge itself and reboot, about 5 minutes, try rebooting your cable box. It worked for me, so far.

Astronaut

I solved by disconnecting the internet connection both wifi and eternet

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem with my UHD Samsung. It keeps turning off and on by itself. I tried unplugging it and it still has a mind of itis own. We have six Samsung TV's and they all work perfectly. The picture on the problem set is awesome when it works.

The model Number is UN40HU6950FXZA. Serial Number <Edit>

The TV is used in the guest bedroom and has been used very little. We have five others that have performed without flaw for years. This was a special purchase that we splurged for and now we wonder if UHD was the way to go.

We learned that there was a class action suit that Samsung supported by replacing a capacitor. Can I bring my TV back to Best Buy to have this service performed?

Please let me know as soon as possible. The kids are coming for Thanksgiving and we would like them to have a working TV in the guest bedroom.

Thank you  

Samsung Moderator

@ userwbFZ6M9UhI I would be happy to investigate further. Can you please send a Private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the correct serial number as the one that was provided is not coming up as valid in our system. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem.. I also called Samsung.. They turned it over to a warranty center 150 miles from my house.. They called me and said since it's out of warranty I would have to bring it in for them look at.. It's only 3 years old.. Not Happy... can someone please help... the guy at Samsung said they haven't had any problems with the capacitor... yeah right. 

Astronaut

I have read pages upon pages of this fault an no one has had a reply from Samsung. 

What is the fix for this fault?????

Please reply this time without asking make model serial number an pm as I think we would all like to know ...

It's hapoening in all your models.

Samsung Moderator

@userFGGqqeXIWq This issue will likely require service. If you would like for us to look into this, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Astronaut

Same issue!  What is wrong with these TV’s!  Please help!  Out if warrantee and paying loads of money for a new tv is out of the question.