Samsung Smart tv Won’t connect to Samsung server

Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Smart tv Won’t connect to Samsung server

@usermJstyEg7Ug There are new updates available for both televisions. I would recommend installing them via USB.

UN65KS800D: Link

QN65Q7F: Link

Constellation

Thanks.

I updated the UN65KS800D to 1231.1. Used USB since the TV who not see the download server and claimed it was up to date. The upgrade suceeded, it does not help. The symptoms the same as before:

1. Step 3 of the setup process (Samsung account) fails with an error, this time code 116 whether creating an account or loging in with existing account:

2. The Smart hub diagnostic confirms the network is working but fails at step 5:

3. The tv is definitely on the network, as confirmed by the network status:

I tried with both automatic DNS and Google 8.8.8.8 DNS, turned the TV off in between to flush the DNS cache. Same results. I will upgrade the QN65Q7F tomorrow but I expect the same result since it's on the same network.

This looks like the TV can't see the server, despite a healthy internet connection. Perhaps some geo routing is failing for my region, or perhaps my IP is blocked on the server.

Can you provide the hostname, IPs and ports to the server so I can test the connections?

Please advise.

Samsung Moderator

Are you still having the issue today?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Yes, the issue is still hapenning today. And it has been going on for several weeks.

Please provide server diagnostic steps and advise how to solve.

Thanks.

Samsung Moderator

@usermJstyEg7Ug Unfortunately, we do not readily have this information available.

Have you tried resetting the password for the Samsung account from your TV? Or resetting it from account.samsung.com?

Have you tried a factory reset since the update?

Constellation

Yes I did another factory reset after the update and that does not help.

Changing the password won't help, since the TV cannot reach the server at all. You can see in the screenshots above that the 'Create account' on setup page 3 option fails with error 116.

Since you can't provide a way to test the servers, how do you propose to resolve this?

As a reminder this TV worked until recently. It started failinf only after I setup the second QN65Q7F.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Samsung Moderator

Do you have another router that you can try? Does the symptom persist if you remove one of the televisions from the Wi-Fi? Are you able to try an Ethernet connection?

Constellation

I can use a wired internet connection on the QN65Q7F as it has an ethernet port on the one connect box (the UN65KS800D doesn't). I tried to update to 1250.5 using the link you provided but that does not work - the TV does not find the files in the T-KTMAKUC folder on the usb drive. So I tested with 1240.

The wire goes to my primary router which connects directly to the modem. It's a different router then the wifi router. I unplugged the UN65KS800D. The problem still persist, the QN65Q7F can't talk to the server.

THe Smart hub test passes steps 1-4 (network, DNS, ISP blocks, and Sansung server) and fails at 5 (Samsing Apps), just like before on the UN65KS800D. The error there is ERR40001. See picture below:

I don't thin kthis problem is related to my network. What do the errors 116 and 40001 mean?

What is the next step to resolve?

Thanks.

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried resetting the account password by going to account.samsung.com?

Constellation

I change my password on account.samsung.com (from a laptop) to check. It did not help at all but there is a finding. When I run start setup on step 3 I get:

sign in button -> err 116

reset password button -> send email pop up window -> err 116

also a very long (>90 seconds) spinner after accepting the license

But:

I also have a familyhub fridge on the *same* wifi network and router. After changing the password, the fridge popped a window to log in again. And after I entered the new password *it worked* (on the fridge only). So now we now this is not a network issue but really an issue with the TVs.

Can you escalate to your advanced support or engineering team and get details on errors 116 and 40001 and get steps to resolve?

Thank you.