Samsung Un50j6200 Recall?? safety issue

Constellation

Re: Samsung Un50j6200 Recall?? safety issue

They had me send them a picture of the TV malfunction and a copy of the receipt. After a few months and no shipment or help in tracking it I finally got someone to contact me. they sent another one. 

Constellation

Also in order to get someone’s attention I had to do some social media blasts and demand they prioritize the situation better by posting directly on their community wall and Facebook pages 

Constellation

Hello!  Did you receive a resolution to this issue?  I'm asking because the same thing happened to us.  We purchased our TV in 2016.  This TV is in our family room.  My kids were watching Disney Channel when the screen filled up with lines.  I was in our home office which is the room adjacent to the family room, so I peeked my head in there because I thought maybe there was a cable outage.  When I did, I smelled what I quickly realized was the TV melting (lower left corner of the TV)).  I quickly sent the kids to another room and ungplugged the TV.  Fortunately for me, my kids are still too young to be left at home alone; however, I could see where this would be a major concern for parents with older children who may stay home (and watch TV) alone.

Anyway, we have not replaced the TV in that room because I wanted to do some investigating on the issue.  I wondered if you ever received any resolution to your concern with a similar incident.  Any help/feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!