Screen mirror. I need help.

Constellation

Screen mirror. I need help.

I have a 55in 4k samsung smart tv and a 2 note 8. I have always been able to screen mirror. I turned my tv off last night and the next morning neither phone would screen mirror. The phones and tv did not update overnight. I talked to samsung support they told me to factory reset tv. That didnt work. The phones attempt to connect but now i get a passcode to enter on the phone(never had to enter a passcode in the 2+ years ive owned the tv) and if you enter the passcode the only option on the tv is to deny connection. Neither tv or phones are on wifi.

See more topics labeled with:

19 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen mirror. I need help.

After the factory update did you attempt to update the unit?

Constellation

No i don't have internet to update
Constellation

I tried to connect to another smart tv still will not connect on either phone

Constellation

Both phones are updated
Samsung Moderator

Please provide the full model code and current software version of the television. 

Constellation

UN55JS7000

Samsung Moderator

Thanks, can you also provide the current software version? You can find this in the menu under support > contact samsung. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Tv version is 1225. I have never updated it since i have owned it. And never had a problem connecting to it

Samsung Moderator

Do you have your television connected to a hotspot on your cell phone? Are you streaming from the phone to the television?