Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

Hello, Wischhusen! Please private message us the following information. Thanks!

Name:

Street Address:

E-Mail:

Mobile Number:

Home/Alternate Number:

TV Retailer:

TV Model Code:

TV Serial Number:

***Attach Proof of Purchase***

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I just had this happen to me. I noticed it smelled like something was burning and I looker up and the screen was kind of fuzzy and had white lines running across it! I've had the tv for only 2 years!

Samsung Moderator

Oh no! Could you provide the model of the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

image.jpgPicture showing melting of lower right corner

image.jpgimage.pngAfter reading so many accounts of these TVs melting, I am convinced that these devices are potential fire hazards. As such, I no longer wish to have a Samsung TV in my home.

Please direct me to whomever can issue a full refund for both purchase and shipping costs. 

Thank you. 

Samsung Moderator

Hi there Brocephus! I've gone ahead and sent you a private message regarding your concerns. Feel free to respond at your convenience! Smiley Happy 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

The same thing happened with my un50f6400. When the TV is turned on now it just shows a grey screen except for a silver dollar sized portion in the bottom right corner. When I went to go look at it I noticed that section heats up very quickly and has even melted some of the frame that it's near. If anyone knows what next steps are to replace or repair please let me know. 

Samsung Moderator

Hey Adam! I went ahead and sent a message to you as well. I look forward to hearing from you!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

This just happened to us today on our 50" 6200 SmartTV. I happened to be with my son and was glad I was there, as like Brocephus, it was incredibly hot and melting the plastic (looks exactly the same) and seemed like it could catch fire if left on for much longer. Whom should I contact about this?

Vm2
Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Hello Samsung,
We are very upset as our 50 inch Samsung Smart TV all of a sudden showed lines across screen, began smoking, burning in lower left corner, then went black!
We of course turned it off, layer back on & sound works but screen is black!
I do believe that the smoke is not so safe as it stinks like toxic plastics in our home.
We opened all the windows & have fans running.
But we are very disappointed as we own allot of Samsung products & are worried after this & after reading that so many have had the same problem.
Are all of our Samsung products going to overheat, cause a fire or melt & expose us to toxic fumes?
Or have you corrected these problems?
If so what products have the same problem & can wr get replacements before our home burns down or we get sick?

Please send us a full refund or a replacement immediately!

Please also respond to this immediately to <Hidden>

Thank You!
Vernon & Judith Morin
<Hidden>

Constellation

My tv did the same thing 4 days ago its only 2 years old...Its a samsung 50" smart TV...It melted at the bottom left hand corner as well...I dont care if my warrenty is up iys a samsung liability my home could have caught on fire...Thank god my husband was home with our children...Samsung needs to stand by their products if they cant people will buy else-where...I will fight this to the end and IF I am forced to buy a new TV it will NOT be a samsung not even a cell phone...Good luck to all samsung will try really hard to blow you off. :/