Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

Hi All,

I have the same problem with my 3 month old samsung smart TV 50 inch. Is there fix to it? 

Left hand side bottom gets really hot and there are lines across the picture.

Please help!!! 

Constellation

I have at UN46D6420UF Smart LED TV. The corner next to the power botton also gets extreamly hot. Now I am afraid to watch TV. I only had the TV for 4 years and watching it only few hours a week. This is a fire Hazard. Samsung is fully awere of the problem but they dont do anything. 

Constellation

I have a Samsung  50 inch smart tv, I bought the tv 6 months ago and a week ago the tv got lines on the screen from side to side. and the left corner got liquid running and it was really hot so I turned it off really scared that will blow up on my face can't believe that happened from a suppose very quality products 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Hi Samsung,

My TV did the exact same thing as the others above. It melted and burned the plastic. The TV no longer shows any picture. This is unacceptable! It could've burned down my home, with my pets still inside. I was supposed to be contacted by the "Executive Team" who "Handles these types of problems" yesterday but they didn't call me yesterday. I now feel as if Samsung doesn't care about my safety or resolving the issue. Please help, we all know this is unacceptable. The model for my Samsung was un50j6200afxza. My photos won't upload.

SamsungCole wrote:

Hi there Brocephus! I've gone ahead and sent you a private message regarding your concerns. Feel free to respond at your convenience! Smiley Happy 

Attachments

Asteroid

Update: Ok, it is now September 17th, one week and one day since my T.V. Malfunctioned and melted. Last Tuesday the 12th Samsung sent repairman to my house to pick up TV to repair. Repairman said it would be approximately a week for repair due to getting new parts. Will keep u updated. 

BW2
Asteroid

After being contacted by a local repair shop (set up through Samsung), I told them of the problem and arranged to email them pictures.  This seemed to help clarify the problem, as the rep forwarded the pics to the actual service workers.  That apperently helped them determine what part they needed to order.  They are scheduled to make the repair tomorrow afternoon.  I'll make another update then.

Samsung Moderator

Can everyone please send me your transaction number? I look into each of these and reach out to all of you directly. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

BW2
Asteroid

Repairs made!  The Tech came out yesterday and replacee the screen (it's amazing how few components reside in the casing).  Probably took 45 minutes all in all.  Samsung made this happen fairly quickly and it's much appreciated.

Make sure you contact Samsung directly (not just through this forum), and as mentioned previously, offer to send your repair company (independent from Samsung most likley as in my case) a photo of the issue.  It helped my folks to be certain of their diagnosis prior to coming out.

Constellation

Samsung 6200.JPGSamsung 6200 off.JPG

Samsung Moderator

Hi Askneram, Please send us a private message with the model and serial number.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.