Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

SOLVED
NFL
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

My screen just began to exhibit the same black circle and upon inspection, the plastic frame burned my finger and the plastic is melted. scary! TV is less than a year oldSmiley Sad

How do I resolve this?

Asteroid

Ok, two weeks to the day that my Samsung malfunctioned and melted it is now repaired.  First step I took was unplugging and turning off the T.V.  I then called customer support at Samsung.  They took my information and account of what had transpired.  They are very vague about knowing anything about these issues, but my intuition said they are fully aware and after I found this forum, I knew they were having hundreds if not thousands of these issues.  The day after I called Samsung, they conducted a follow up call wanting to make sure no property was damaged or anyone was injured.  Luckily that answer was know.  I was then informed that my TV, (less than two years old) was not under warranty.  However, based on the issue at hand they would provide a "one time courtesy repair." They indicated that a serviceman would be contacting me to come investigate the problem and make repairs.  Repairman came on Tuesday September 13, 2016, and took my TV to order the new screen and repair at his shop.  Today he returned it good as new, but did state that he would be warry or leaving this TV on and unattended as all he did was replace a screen.  The componants in the TV to his study are all working correctly, but he added they are still the same componants that were there when the TV malfunctioned originally.   I would say Samsung was awsome for providing this  "one time courtesy repair, but it was a just thing to provide given the potential fire it could have caused in my home.  I am hoping that this new screen was fabricated a little different than the original given the fact they simply replaced it and not a total recall on  the entire TV. This is a scary proposition, as Samsung has really provided no explination for the malfunction and obviously know it is not user error as they fixed the TV out of Warranty.   I wish everyone luck on this issue and hope these troubles can end from this forum.  I am skeptical though as I think they just had a giant problem with their Galaxy 7 which was just recalled on September 21, 2016, do to fire hazard as well.  I don't mean to bad mouth Samsung, I have two other Samsungs TV's and two note pads that are much older in my home and have had no issue, but this is concerning to say the least.  It would be nice if someone from Samsung could contact me and give me some reassurance that the replacement screen will eraticate any further potential for the same thing happening again.  Or recall my TV and replace it with one that is not suceptable to spontanious combustion. 

Constellation

I have the exact same issue as mentioned by patriceh. bottom right corner is hot to touch and appears that the edge has melted. Also a large white image growing from the corner.

Please advise
Constellation

UPDATE:

Yesterday a Samsung repairman came to my house and replaced the screen on the TV. This came about after calls with Samsung Service, Samsung Repair and finally Samsung Customer Service, which authorized a one-time courtesy repair even though the TV was out of warranty.

Like others here, I was concerned that replacing the screen wouldn't fully address potential issues with other components that might be causing the overheating problem. The repairman assured me that replacing the front panel would resolve the issue. He couldn't explain why the panels are having this problem but said it mainifests in overheating in the corner.

Obviously this is a serious problem that I hope Samsung will resolve by continuing to work with owners of these models through this forum and other outlets, and with recalls if necessary.    

Constellation

I have had the exact same issue as many of you.  The corner of my TV got very hot and melted the frame.

I've lost the screen with the white light in the corner.

I called Samsung Customer Service a couple of times.  Straight away I indicated the TV was under 3 years old,

and actually wasn't even taken out of its box for 5 months until I could get it mounted.

I received a call back asking for serial number and was told then we could move forward with fixing the problem.

Once everything was in order, then they tell me I will have to pay for the repair.

I mentioned this forum and how some people are posting they received a one time customer service courtesy

call and he basically said I was lying.....that Samsung does not do this.

Maybe I was wrong in thinking a TV could function for more than 3 years without needing a repair? I have

learned my lesson.......Good bye Samsung....never again!

Constellation

Try contacting Samsung Customer Service again and explaining that is a fire hazard. I'm not sure if that's the right name for the division that reviewed my situation and I don't have a phone number handy. Perhaps you also could contact some of the Samsung reps in this forum who've asked for more information.

Samsung Repair told me I'd have to pay for the repair because the set is out of warranty, but that's probably their standard operating procedure. They then passed my information to Samsung Customer Service (again, not exactly sure who).

Customer Service reviewed my situation, seemed more sympathetic to what is obviously a danger, and then offered a one-time courtesy repair (no fee to me). A repairman came to my home, replaced the front panel and the TV is back in operation. This was the appropriate response to the situation and they should be willing to either fix these sets or make a recall. Good luck.    

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I have to say, that after three weeks of dealing with Samsung on this issue, I am very displeased.

I was first told, like many others, that the TV would be serviced. That would have been great, except that it never happened. I was contacted by the service company, but then Samsung cancelled the service request because of my location.

I contacted Samsung again, and they assured me that they were looking for a service contractor that could reach my location to repair the TV. After not hearing back from anyone for a few days, I had to contact Samsung again, and again I was told to wait while they found someone.

After three weeks, they told me there wasn't anyone to service the TV, so I was offered a refund. Fine by me, but when I OK'd that, I was then told that it would be prorated based on the orginal warranty of the TV. This did not sit well with me, as the TV was purchased on sale.

So while others get their TV repaired for free, I'm left with a melting TV and what amounts to about 50% of the retail cost. Trust me, I asked to go up the ladder on this, and no one seemed to care about the fact that the 14 month old TV was melting while my 10-year-old son watched it ... Even if there wasn't the safety factor, do they really expect people to buy a new 50" TV every 14 months? I know I can't afford that.

I've always bought and spoken highly of Samsung products, even my washer and dryer are Samsung, but they've definitely lost a lifelong customer. I have to recommend that everyone "buyer beware" on these TVs and other Samsung products.

Astronaut

I bought a Samsung TV two years ago, and the same thing just happenedto me. I noticed a burning smell and white smoke started coming out of the TV. I quickly turned it off and unplugged it. I need some help with this issue.

NFL
Constellation

My update: I called customer service last Friday and explained the situation. The CS rep sent me to the next 'level up'. They called me back on Monday. Made an appointment for them to come and take pics on Friday. They called me back and said I could just send them the pics myself if I preferred to expedite the process. The tech texted me the number to send the pics. He called me the next morning as I hadn't sent them yet. I did so right away and he called me back within the hour to let me know they were ordering the parts and it would take a couple of days for them to arrive. They called me yesterday and scheduled the repair for next Tuesday. So far so good!

Constellation

The exact same thing happened to my Samsung 50" UN50EH5300 television. The unit was on for about two hours.  I left the television on while I went out for about 30 minutes. When I returned my apartment smelled like something was burning. Upon inspection I noted that the lower left corner of the television frame is melted, and there seems to be a coil of some sort showing through the screen when it is on. 

Not only do do I not have a functioning television at this point, but I am scared to death. My dog was at home when this occurred and I am horrified to think  what could have happened. Samsung televisions are all that I own. At this point I don't feel safe with the remaining sets in my home. I am shocked that this seems to be such a large problem and that Samsung has not addressed it publicly, or offered a recall or repair program. The potential for liability is huge! 

I'm not sure who to contact at this point. Could any of you that have obtained service offer a suggestion?