Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungDarius (Samsung Moderator)
‎10-03-2016 08:28 AM

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I wanted to make a post to help you all get in touch with me directly so I can look into your issue for you. Can you please provide the following via a private message?  http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
Serial Number:

Picture(s) of Melted Portion of the Screen:

I will need this information to look into this issue for you. Also, I am marking this post as a "solution" to help new comers see this post. Please let me know if you have any questions, Thanks. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Same issue here. Last night after being on for 2 hrs our 50 inch j6200afxza started displaying horizontal lines across the screen with a black spot in the corner that became too hot to touch. I was worried it would melt the case.

Constellation

Well, I turned it on the next day hoping for a reset or something magical, no luck, immediate overheat and the case started to melt, just over 1 yr old! weak. Now I just found out my Samsung washer is a threat to explode! nice. my melting tv.jpg

Constellation

Tv overheated after using for an hour and melted bottom left corner. Any help if I don't have a receipt? Got this on black Friday last year and will never be able to find it.

Attachments

Constellation

I had the same problem occur 2 nights ago to my 6200 TV.  I've unplugged it.  Does my reply get posted to the forum?  How do I send a private message

Samsung Moderator

There should be 3 dots in my comment that will allow you to send one Bobsyouruncle.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

AVI
Constellation

I have a 6400 - Model# UN46D6400UFXZA

Screen overheats on the top left corner (burning hot) and horizontal lines on the top originating from the over heating spot all along the screen. About 2" starting at the top on the screen all along. Tried letting it cool down and resetting the TV. Problem still persists.

Samsung Moderator

Oh no AVI! Could you send us a private message with the serial number?

Constellation

Screen Overheating In Corner of TV - 6300 series LED

Is this an offical Samsung site that will help me prevent the product I bought from burning down my home?

MajorConcernedFLA

Astronaut

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of 50" Samsung Smart LED television

My Samsung LED TV did this in the bottom right corner as well. Who shall I contact to get this problem resolved? Not sure on how to send message with personal infprmation. Thanks, Kristina