Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

Mine looks exactly like this
Constellation

I don't know why but it does not give me an option to send you a private message. I am having the same problem with my UN50J5200AF.

Attachments

Samsung Moderator

To send other users a private message you can visit their profile and on the right side of the screen you should see an option for "Send this User a private message". If you don't have this option listed let me know and I'll see if we can get this fixed for you. I'll go ahead shoot you one though!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Same model, same boat.. Repair guy came out and said it needs a new panel.. Possible house fire and no accommodations offered. No damage in my case means no fault? Just $1000.00 gone

Attachments

Constellation

My TV just did the same thing and nearly caught fire. I am lucky my kids caught it. What action needs to be taken? I have submitted an email to samsung customer support. This is very disappointing and scary. 

Samsung Moderator

Twavos, Could you send us a private message with any transaction numbers you may have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Call Samsung support.  They sent a repairman out and he replaced the screen for free. 

Constellation

Samsung service told me specifically that someone would be in touch with me within 2 days about setting up a service/repair call to my home.

A week later I get a phone message from a company that is located over 170 miles away from me (that's over 2 1/2 Hrs drive time one-way) asking me to call them to set up an appointment. All attemtps to reach them at the number left in their message during their stated business hours resulted in a busy signal. If I call after hours in an attempt to leave a voice mail offering an alternative number to reach me at, absolutely no options available to leave a message. I did a little looking on line about this company Lakes Electronics, Pompano, FL. It quickly became obvious by the reviews on the BBB, Google Review & Yelp  sites that this company has a very poor customer service track record. Did I say they had a poor rating?

What is Samsung thinking trying to get a poorly rated company to travel over 340 miles round trip to come fix a faulty, dangerous product they sold me and then expect me to feel good about their company?  Really?  I have not been feeling the love for over 2 weeks now!

Burning tablets and now smolding/melting TVs. What's next Samsung?

Constellation

Best Buy folks here in Florida told me the same thing. Guess it's going to take a house burning down or someone falling asleep in front of one left on setting the house on fire and killing the sleeping owner. Gosh, I hope I'm wrong.

Constellation

Lakes Electronics called, scheduled an appointment, and showed up on time.  They fixed my TV with a new screen.

Try 800 864 9416.  My guy came from Ft. Pierce, even though the card says Pompano Beach.

Fred