Setting up my 2017 UHD Smart TV (MU630x)

Constellation

Setting up my 2017 UHD Smart TV (MU630x)

I have my Directv DVR connected to a Multi Channel AV Receiver, then to my 2017 UHD Smart TV (MU630x). Works great, but when I switch to TV with the smart remote, I have to turn on the TV speakers, what do I have to do to still have my sound through my reciever? Can I eliminate this step?

9 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Setting up my 2017 UHD Smart TV (MU630x)

Are there other devices connected to the television besides the AV receiver? Does the receiver support ARC?

Constellation

Best way to do this would be to connect your DVR straight to TV with HDMI then make another connection to your receiver with ARC/HDMI port.   This way your TV speakers will only work in case when you're multiroom receiver is off.  This way no matter what input you select on TV you will hear what you see and nothing else. 

Constellation

No, just the AV receiver.

Constellation

Thanks, I will try this as soon as I have a few minutes!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Here's the rear panel of my receiver. So, if DVR straight to TV, which input would I use here??

GalaxyExpert wrote:

Best way to do this would be to connect your DVR straight to TV with HDMI then make another connection to your receiver with ARC/HDMI port.   This way your TV speakers will only work in case when you're multiroom receiver is off.  This way no matter what input you select on TV you will hear what you see and nothing else. 

Attachments

Constellation

Somehow I'm unable to open the image you attached.   Maybe you can PM the image or post the model number of the receiver. 

Constellation

Its a Sony STR-DH820 Multi Channel AV Receiver.  See if attachment works.

Constellation

When I look, it shows as a download, weird!

Constellation

Connect "TV Out/ARC" from Sony to HDMI/ARC port on your TV.  You can use any remaining HDMI for your DirectV DVR.  I suggest you run initial setup wizard again after you hook up the cable.