Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Asteroid

Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

My Smart Remote with my new TV is burning through batteries at a crazy rate. I've replaced them 4 times with fresh, new, batteries and they are dead again. Each set lasts less than a week.

Anyone else seeing this? Is there a feature setting I'm missing that might cause this?

Trying to figure out whether I have a defective unit or not.

Thanks

99 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

My remote won't do voice commands anymore :0(

Constellation

I bought my tv in january and im still using the batteries that came with it, so it's not normal to drain batteries that fast. What i have experienced a few times though, is this: the smart remote will stop sending out signals making it seem the batteries are drained, but theyre not. What i do is this: remove one battery and put it back in and it'll work again. If the remote was a computer i would say that it was locked up and needed rebooting.
Asteroid

Thanks.  But the batteries are definately drained.  No red light when I push any button, and verified with a volt meter

Samsung Moderator

I am sorry to hear this. Can you please provide the full model and serial number of your TV? Please send this by a private message. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Same here, UE55KS7000

Smart remote eats batteries (3 lots in less than a year)

I think if you add up all the time I have used it, be lucky if it was 10 mins, rest of the time it just sits by the other remotes.

Updates are always checked, nothing touching remote, yet it pointless putting batteries in it.

Tried updates/factory reset/reset remote.

Constellation

I experience the same issue witn my UN43KU6300 remote: 2 AA batteries do not last longer than a week.

Constellation

Same! I this suddenly happened! Had the TV since launch, now It drains batteries like crazy!

Samsung Moderator

Hello All, can you all provide a timeline to when this started happening? What firmware version are you running? 

Constellation

UN43KU6300

Firmware: T-JZL6AKUC-1168.3, BT-S

In addition to extremely short life of batteries it does not allow me to open my Samsung account. Can not connect to samsung server, says I have to update firmware but it's the latest.