Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Constellation

Re: Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Does anyone have any 3rd party remote suggestions? The stock remote for my Samsung UN55KS8000 is draining batteries at a rate of approximately 2 AA per week (yep, that's not a typo). $150 for a standard replacement is ridiculous, and I'd much quicker purchase something else with way more functionality (Harmony, etc.)  if I'm going to spend even close to that much. Ideally, I'd be willing to pay much less for a simpler 3rd party option instead. 

Constellation

Re: Severe battery drain - Smart Remote 8 series MU8500

I did the update to my firmware by USB to 1250 however my remote is still draining my batteries in one day. 

Constellation

I did a smart hub reset. i'm thinking like a wireless mouse on a pc, it goes to sleep after a certain amount of min. maybe the remote is not going to sleep? So somthing is causing it to stay awake. So I started with smart hub. I will let you know in a week or two. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue with the

Type: RMCTPF

Model: RMCTPF1AP1

Model Code: AA59-00766A

remote, pair of AAA batteries every week.  I see it's using RF instead of IR, so I suppose the transmit must be stuck on.  I'm going to check the RF with a scope and see what's going on.  I guess I could leave the back off and pull the batteries between use.  The screen on the TV also went belly-up after just 2.5 years.  No more Samsung for me.

I tried to see the IR with my phone camera, but did not see anything.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

We have the same battery draining issue with our TV, started about 3 weeks ago and we are now on our 3rd set of fresh batteries:

MODEL: UN65KS800DF

Can provide SN#

ver: FA01

Software version: 1231

We tried Costco Congierge service today, and worked with them for over 45 minutes taking out batteries, unplugging all set cables, waiting on phone, doing more, etc. FInally Costco Concierge asked us to reset the TV to its original factory condition. I explained that we had the set calibrated and that doing so would wipe out the calibration settings - COSTCO Concierge said they would not pay to have the TV recalibrated, so we would be out over $300 for seeing what might be wrong with the remote, how frustrating. Please help!

EDITED TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

This issue seems to have started after updating to Software version 1231, which we did on 11/13/2018.

Constellation

Same thing happening to me,  every other day,  new batteries

Constellation

I have the same problem.  I have to replace batteries every other day.  

Samsung Moderator

Could you please provide me the full model number and serial number for your device in a private message?

Astronaut

Re: Severe battery drain - Smart Remote 8 series MU8500

Forget about the Samsung remote..it is useless. Buy an RCA universal remote for $15.  works fine

Astronaut

$15 universal remote works fine.  Throw out the Samsung remote.