Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Samsung Moderator

Re: Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

You'll need to update via thumbdrive on the website.  The current software version is 1169.2.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Mine has the same problem and I have to relpace the 4 AAA batteries every 1-2 weeks

I even went through a period where every night I would take the batteries then put them back in in the morning so they would last a little longer

Astronaut

I am having the same issue. Batteries last two weeks max. 

Samsung Moderator

userzZzdvNxpG3 and user7GMab9MM0q, what software version are you running? Bluetooth settings may affect battery life. 

Constellation

I have Samsung TV smart remote model AA59-00772A which came with my Samsung UN55F7100 3D television. Yes, it burns through batteries at a rate of about 7 days for a fresh set of 2 AA alkaline batteries.  I will be contacting Samsung even though my TV is well out of the warranty period. Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Constellation

I'm also having serious battery drain on my remote.

TV Model: UN55KS8000

Remote Model number: BN59-01241A

TV Firmware: 1180

Attachments

Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with the serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I have no idea how to send a private message.
Samsung Moderator

You can use this link: http://bit.ly/2mcMgp1

Constellation

Yes! I've experienced the same issue. I stopped using the remote for a while bc I was so frustrated (used samsung keyboard instead).

Recently tried it again and same issue. Drains brand new batteries in 4-5 days of low use. 

Any suggestions on how to remedy?