Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Samsung Moderator

Re: Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Send us a private message as well.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I bought my qled smart tv in april and constantly have to replace the batteries, might have to invest in rechargable ones. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Also, i sometimes have to re-pair the remote with the tv. 

All this for a smart tv thats less than 6 months old. 

Asteroid

I am having this problem too.  My TV is a UN65F7100AFXZA and the remote is RMCTPF2BP1/AA59-00772A.   Batteries last about two weeks.  It didn't happen when I bought the TV.  The firmware was old and I just updated to 2225 (auto updates were disabled).  I know that it has been happening for at least a year and my daughter started pulling the battery.  We don't use the remote much (we use the Dish remote most of the time) but I started using PIP at times and needed to use the native remote.

I did do a reset of the TV. 

The only thing attached is the Samsung Sound Bar. 

I've seen several posts that have this problem but so far noone has identified a solution.  Any ideas?

Astronaut

Been trying to find other people with this problem for a while now. Triple A batteries last 4 to 5 days. Have tried different brands etc. is there a solution to this problem? It started suddenly about 6 months ago. 

VU
Constellation

all my batteries drain after a few weeks and battery acid drips from them.

Samsung Moderator

No bueno, what kind of batteries do you use VU? Have you specifically tried a different brand of batteries? I would honestly recommend a new remote if you have because that should definitely not happen. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

I've used several brands of batteries, all fail within a few days (less than a week).  

This started happening to some of us seemingly all about the same time.   Did some software update cause it?    The remote worked fine for a little more than a year then started eating batteries like candy. 

Astronaut

I have the same problem. New Battery drained with in a week.

Astronaut

Same thing here - this has suddenly started happening in the last few months.

could someone please address this in the public forum rather than asking everyone to private message?    This is obviously a widespread problem

Astronaut

Same problem for me - just bought a Samsung QA55Q7FAMWXXY - remote is eating batteries - beyond a joke and unacceptable - please provide a solution thanks