Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Astronaut

Re: Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Same problem here.  I've got a UN43KU7500.  The only usage I have is to turn the TV on and off a few times a day.  Battery lasts for maybe 2 months.  So that's 6 clicks * 60 days = 360 clicks.  360 clicks drains the remote?  I know it has a microphone.  Is the CIA just draining my battery?

I've tried Kirkland and Duracell batteries.  Same result.

Samsung Moderator

When was the television purchased? Have you tried a new remote?

Constellation

I'm having the same issue.  This TV is 2 years old, and up to date firmware wise.  Put batteries in, and 2 weeks later, they are dead. 

Good Quality Duracell CopperTops. 

This is the 2nd remote I've had (I lost the first one, but it was doing the same thing). 

What recourse do we have?

Samsung Moderator

If the remote has been replaced and the firmware is up to date, the only options would be to wait for an update or set up a service call. 

Asteroid

What good will a service call do? There are many independent reports of this issue so it is not a single failure. Something is broken.  My TV/remote worked for a long time and then stopped so it isn't a new production issue.   I think we are waiting for Samsung to acknowlege the problem and provide a solution.

Samsung Moderator

If a factory reset has already been tried, it comes down to hardware or software. You can wait for a software update or have a technician out to check for a hardware solution. 

Constellation

Has this issue been resolved for anyone in this chain of posts?  I've been watching with interest because I'm yet another customer with a remote burning through batteries.  What's the fix that works?

Astronaut

I am having the exact same issues, batteries last only a couple days.

Asteroid

Same issue here.  I have a four year old Samsung UN55D7000FXZA, with a remote that would need new batteries MAYBE once a year.  Two months ago, we started replacing them once a week, using brand new Duracell AAA’s each time.  This looks like a known firmware defect and Samsung refuses to acknowledge or fix it.  

Constellation

and my TV is on "auto update" so there are no new software updates available or pending.