Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Supernova

Re: Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Asteroid

I was the OP.  Samsung support via this site was very good about working with me.  They shipped a new remote and all has been fine since. (I was still in warranty on a new TV)

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I contacted Michelle.  My TV is out of warranty so all I was offered was the opportunity to buy a new remote for $160.   Sigh.

@userdMzuSdauT5wrote:

I contacted Michelle.  My TV is out of warranty so all I was offered was the opportunity to buy a new remote for $160.   Sigh.

Where did you buy your TV? If from Costco, call their Concierge Service, they work wonders.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

This is what I got from SamsungCole after my private message - “Honestly couldn't say why it happened, sometimes things just go wrong. We would honestly recommend a new remote though. Based on the serial number, the TV shows out of warranty as of 03/21/2013, can you confirm when it was purchased?”

-What the heck does it have to do with when it was purchased when my latest firmware update 2 months ago resulted in a glitch Samsung won’t acknowledge. 

Samsung Moderator

Issues with batteries draining too quickly have always been a thing, like I said - things just go wrong sometimes. I ask when the unit was purchased because the serial number does not always populate the correct warranty term and if the unit is in warranty, I can send out a new remote or a technician at no charge. For out of warranty units, the customer is in charge of all repair/replacement needs. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

I've had mine since Dec 2016 and am still running on the same batteries. And I use it a lot. So it looks like it's either feast or famine. But this morning either the Remote or the TV went nutz. The remote would only operate so much. Mostly on the TV. So since I have been reading this thread, I though that the batteries were going out. But after checking them with a battery tester, they were fine. Still. So I cleand the contats in the battery compartment and put them back in, spun them with my fingers so they rotate in the compartment a good thing to do to get things "set" or "seated" better, which works lot, before blaming the Batteries themselves. And still had problems. I have no idea what's the problem. But I'm this far from doing a factory reset and starting over.

Constellation

I am yet another person with this issue. I've been using duracell or energizer batteries. I get a couple of days use out of them, then they're dead. 

I've owned my 4K UHD JU7500 Series Curved Smart TV since November 2015. Like everyone else, this started happening sometime last year. I just don't understand, with all these complaints, how is Samsung not exchanging the bad remotes with actual functioning models? At least, (you would think), they could research how it happened. And be able to confirm that the same problem exists when these defective remotes are compared to eachother.

To turn around and say, "Your warranty is gone. You owe us $$$ to replace" when the product is clearly defective through fault company-side, is just ridiculous. Samsung refers to this as "first class" customer service!? I think I hear the BBB beckoning.

Samsung Moderator

Would you happen to have a transaction number from your previous interaction?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

@usermCX0LRsSp1wrote:

I am yet another person with this issue. I've been using duracell or energizer batteries. I get a couple of days use out of them, then they're dead. 

I've owned my 4K UHD JU7500 Series Curved Smart TV since November 2015. Like everyone else, this started happening sometime last year. I just don't understand, with all these complaints, how is Samsung not exchanging the bad remotes with actual functioning models? At least, (you would think), they could research how it happened. And be able to confirm that the same problem exists when these defective remotes are compared to eachother.

To turn around and say, "Your warranty is gone. You owe us $$$ to replace" when the product is clearly defective through fault company-side, is just ridiculous. Samsung refers to this as "first class" customer service!? I think I hear the BBB beckoning.

It wouldn't be so bad but they think very highly of the remotes.  The replacement remote for mine was north of $150.    I only use it to manage native functions and most of the built in streaming apps are on Amazon or Roku so I can pop a lot of batteries in and out for that much money