Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Constellation

Re: Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Unfortunately, I do not have a transaction number. I wish I did. Would you be able to tell me something different?

Supernova

I am not sure if I would be able to tell you anything different without being able to look into the account. 

Constellation

Samsung 3d smart led tv remote

Model name: RMCTPF2AP1

Model code: AA59-00778A

Was Having the same issue, the remote used to drain the batteries with in 3-4 days.

Contacted a technical guy at the samsung company.

He said that the remote is fine.

Just use the alkaline batteries.

I got the energizer 2 × AAA alkaline batteries.

Using it. Its been 2 days now. 

Its working fine. Lets see what happens next.

Samsung Moderator

Please keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

How are things?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I've been using Duracell alaklines through all of this. 

Does this have something to do with a change in the way audio commands are handled?  I never use it but is it somehow always turned on?   I tried the digital camera trick and can't see any sign that an IR transmission is always happening and no stuck buttons.

Samsung Moderator

It's possible.  

Constellation

I am having the same issue with my Samsung UN55MU6300 TV.  The batteries will drain in 1 to 2 weeks with little use.  The "smart" remote is constantly flashing the red light ...even when the TV is turned off and has been idle for hours or even days.   When turning on the TV the TV will automatically turn off and I will have to press the power button again for the TV to stay on.  This TV also will not install apps that my 4 year old Samsung TV can...ie (FXNOW and FOXNOW apps).  This TV is such a disappointment.  I have tried to update the firmware via USB and the TV said it was up to date.  I tried contacting Samsung via chat for help and that was entirely frustrating and unhelpful.  I purchased this tv in December 2017.  IS there anything I can do?  

Supernova

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Constellation

This happened to me too, all of a sudden every replacement I put in is drained asap!