Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Astronaut

Re: Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Has anyone thought that perhaps...

Our REMOTES Are LISTENING TO US ALL THE TIME??

I have the same issue. I have a KS8000

I have to remove the batteries after everytime I use it and then Let’s it sit. 

@userSk3tDa8btk wrote:

Has anyone thought that perhaps...

Our REMOTES Are LISTENING TO US ALL THE TIME??

I have the same issue. I have a KS8000

I have to remove the batteries after everytime I use it and then Let’s it sit. 

My KS8000 remote is still using the original batteries that I got with it in Dec 2016. Although a little Red light is now appearing in the "hole" that I though was the microphone. I just take off the back and roll the batteries in their slots and it works a little longer. It's probably time to change them.

But if they are actually listening, I've given them a lot to listen to . . .

Supernova

@userSk3tDa8btk: Try lighting pressing on the mic button to see if maybe it is stuck. 

Constellation

I have tested the current consumption so someone can tell me if it falls back to normal:

Model Code: AA59-00759A

Model Name: RMCTPF1AP1

2xAAA New Duracell Alkaline batteries

Test with multimeter Fluke 17B+

Standby: 4mA

Click on any key: 30mA for about 5", then return to standby

Finger on touchpad: 30mA  as long as you move your finger, then, after 5", return to standby

After 5-6 days, even without using the remote control, the batteries are exhausted

Supernova

@COCAN LORPlease send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Asteroid

Hello,

I just found this thread after searching online.  I have a UN60JU7100 and have owned it for a little less than 3 years and haven't had a problem with the remote.  As of about 3 weeks ago, the batteries die after a couple of hours - every single time.  I've replaced the batteries probably 10 times.  No idea what else to do.  Apparently a replacement remote costs $100.  Is this replaceable under Warranty or something?  It just happened out of the blue. 

Supernova

@userD4rPrXZFek: Samsung units carry a 1-year manufacturing warranty from the date of purchase. 

Constellation

Honestly they dont care your solution is either buy a new remote or put up with the battery drain problem. That's all they'll tell you it's not worth it for them, imagine all the remotes they would have to replace if they recalled. As for my family, friends and I well be switching over to different products. I suggest ya'll do the same.

Asteroid

Hi Michelle,

Are you or anyone at Samsung aware and/or working on this issue  Are there any fixes you would recommend for me? 

Supernova

@userD4rPrXZFek: We do recommend getting a new remote.