Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

Constellation

Re: Severe battery drain - Smart Remote 8 series MU8500

My remote has been burning thru batteries in under a two days. I’m gone through a couple 24 packs of energizer batteries. 

Samsung Moderator

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this link and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

@userZtJaBJGsrL Just checking in to see if you need further assistance.

Astronaut

Re: Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

I also have the same problem.  Batteries only last a few days.  55" 3d un55f7150.  Also it will pause internet tv by itself.  If I take the batteries out and just use the keyboard it is fine.  Remot is AA59-00772A.

Samsung Moderator

Re: Severe battery drain - UN**KS**** Smart Remote

@userGzuwSfyK9a   We recommend replacing the remote. You can ge one from samsungparts.com.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Severe battery drain - Smart Remote

hi,

my remote model CODE is: AA59-00772A , MODEL NAME: RMCTPF28BP1 AND FCCID: A3LRMCTPF.

BATTERY DRIANS WITHIN A WEEK. PLEASE HELP.

Samsung Moderator

Re: Severe battery drain - Smart Remote

@userZKDnO6hYET, I would be happy to look into this for you. Mind shooting us a message with the model code and the serial number of the TV this remote belongs to?

Asteroid

This is clearly a problem. Are we ever going to get an explanation?  It is unacceptable that the only solution is to buy a remote that now costs 1/2 as much as a new TV of the same size.    Why would I believe that a new one wouldn't eventually have the same problem?????

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Model code: un55f7100afxzaVersion no: ud02Thanks, BH

Astronaut

So, I finally gave up and did some Googling and now I see that the issue I've had for so long is not rare. I bought my UN65KS8000 right before Black Friday back in 2016. I'd been using rechargable Low Self Discharge NiMH batteries and they'd last about a month to a month and a half before I started getting warnings from the TV about batteries being low. I went and bought newer/better LSD NiMH batteries thinking maybe I just got budget/off brand ones that weren't that great. The issue persisted. So I finally gave up and got a pack of alkaline AA batteries. If anything, the remote has had even *less* life with that change. I got about 2 weeks out of brand new ones.

I presume I am out of warranty period now, but I have to be honest this is disappointing. There's no reason for this kind of drain from a simple remote control. As far as I know the TV is using the latest firmware, 1220, for what that's worth. Any suggestions?