Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

SOLVED
Asteroid

Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

[ Edited ]

My Samsung Smart TV has stopped being able to connect to our WiFi. It had been working perfectly up until this past week. The TV is the only device in the house not connecting to the WiFi.

Model Code: UN48JU6400FXZA

S/N:<Hidden>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by SamsungCole (Samsung Moderator)
‎11-27-2018 07:07 AM

Re: Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

For anyone still having problems, I would like to post what solved my problem.  My Samsung tv is model # UN55JU640D.  It is a model from Samsung's 2015 line. 

My problem was the same as every one else's - no internet.  When I entered network settings, I had no SSID choices and fields such as IP address, subnet mask, gateway, etc., were blank.

I just discovered my problem yesterday and spent the entire day trying to solve the problem.  It was someone from this forum who put the idea in my head to update via usb.

So, this morning I dowloaded the update for my tv.  Used 7-zip to extract the files.  The first time I tried to install it on my tv, it said there was no update on the card.  I went back to my computer and deleted everything on the drive except for the extracted files.  My file name also had a (1) behind it and I deleted that from the file name.

I, then went back to the tv, inserted the usb drive, went to SYSTEM, selected UPDATE, and it worked.

I was able to select SSID, and if I remember correctly, the screen shortly said you are connected to the internet.  I clicked on an internet app and it did connect.  It didn't watch anything.  Maybe, I will do that later today.

I hope this helps someone.  Sorry, it's so long.

136 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Could you verify the firmware version that you're running currently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

A notification displayed on our TV screen informing us of an update. I went ahead and updated and the next time I attempted connecting to the Wi-Fi, it worked.

Astronaut

I have the same issue.  But I don't have a firmware update to do..and even if I did I  could not get to it because it's not connected to internet!  HELP!

Asteroid

I don't know what to do either, it has happened again. I cannot connect as all and I am so frustrated. There is no reason for this to continue randomly happening, we havent changed our Wi-Fi and no other devices are having this problem. I think it came back on its own last time because when I check for an update now of course it can't because it can't connect to the Wi-Fi. I also need HELP!

Samsung Moderator

If the software is up-to date, you have completed a factory reset on the TV, have reset the router, have contacted the service provider and you still cannot connect to the internet; then we would recommend having a technician look at the unit. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I have the same issue with my KS800 series as well. It works perfectly right off the box. After the first firmware upgrade it causes the "invalid ip addresss, cant connect to internet" after sitting on the phone with Tech Support didnt work out. They sent a technician out to replace wifi network module (v1165). 

Few days earlier, my TV got a new version update v1168.3. The wifi stop working again, same issue. Time to call the techinician out again. 

Asteroid

Having the same issue again. It's exhausting and so frustrating. So far I have had only bad experiences with Samsung products and customer service. What number did you call to have the technician come out? I'm tired of trying to fix this on my own. 

Asteroid

What is the direct number to contact a technician to come out? 

Asteroid

The current software version of my TV is 1500 and it is set to Auto update.