Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

@userteOyBXADNr, sorry to hear this. Does the TV show any network names listed?

Constellation

@SamsungQue Yes it does. It shows multiple wifi options and I've tried 2 of the different networks in our house with no luck.  I even tried creating a guest network just to try and it didnt work either. All of the devices in our house, besides the tv, connect to wifi no problem. We also tried resetting the router/network and after restarting, all of our devices were able to connect again, other than the TV. 

Samsung Moderator

Are you able to reset the TV? menu>support>self diagnosis>reset the code is 0.0.0.0

Samsung Moderator

Hello @userteOyBXADNr, just checking in to see if you may still need assistance?

Constellation

@SamsungQue wrote:

@user8udgWVMaxM, feel free to keep us posted. 

I was able to update however it did not fix the problem. I try to set up a wireless connection and it will not detect my wifi at all. Everything else in the house is connected fine. Frustrating!!

Constellation

@SamsungQue I just saw your suggestion and havent had a chance to do so yet but I will tomorrow and will let you know if it helps. After I updated a couple of weeks ago it did fix the problem for a little while but then the problem came back. So If I reset and it fixes the issue, it may not be a permanent fix. I will let you know either way

Samsung Moderator

We look forward to hearing back from you.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Go to samsung.com go to support then contact and chat and tell them the issue you are having. It's a firmware update they will give you a file to download through a computer, you will need an umpty USB drive to extract it to. I had the same issue as you and it fixed the problem for me. They will help you every step of the way.

Constellation

@SamsungJam I tried the reset and it did fix the issues. I am hoping this solution works long term and will update if the problem arises again.

Constellation

@userQ8cAvC21Xo wrote:

Go to samsung.com go to support then contact and chat and tell them the issue you are having. It's a firmware update they will give you a file to download through a computer, you will need an umpty USB drive to extract it to. I had the same issue as you and it fixed the problem for me. They will help you every step of the way.

I figured out updating via USB a few weeks ago and it fixed the issue for about 2 weeks but then started happening again. The instructions that the mod gave me here "menu>support>self diagnosis>reset the code is 0.0.0.0" seem to have worked. Hopefully this is a permanent fix and I dont have the issues again in 2 weeks.