Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

SOLVED
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

Is it possible that there is something that could be causing wireless interference in the room? You can find a repair center using the following link:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

Constellation

I am having this same issue and it seems to be a common problem when I search for it online.  I have no other issues with my other device and the TV has connected to wireless just fine for last two years.  There has not been a new device in my house that would coincide with this issue. 

Samsung Moderator

user7a2mG6IGKY, is your television up to date?

Samsung Moderator

@user7a2mG6IGKY: Which firmware version is running on the television?  Also can you provide your model?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

I too have exact same issue. First year my new SAMSUNG smart tv worked perfect. Then all of a sudden it constantly drops wifi connection in my home. I have about 15 devices in my home all active (ChromeCast, Roku, Laptop, AC Ccontrol, Google Home, etc.). My Samsung TV is in the bedroom and we TRY to use NETFLIX on it when we go to bed. Works for about one minute and then reverts to a buffer circle spinning that gets to 25% and then stays until it errors out. Says it has no connection HOWEVER EVERY OTHER DEVICE REMAINS CONNECTED AND MY WIFI IS WORKING!!!!
I have tried EVerything: New Router, Manual DNS setting to 8.8.8.8. as well as 8.8.4.4.
HELP HELP HELP HELP. If i cant figure this out in a week, i will have no recourse other than buy another TV and you better believe it will NOT be a SAMSUNG. Fingers crossed SAMSUNG will address this widely experienced PROBLEM!
Astronaut

I also havw the same issue every other device is connected is connected with no issues at all. At first the tv was connected to the Wi-Fi but no internet access then I reset the network settings and now it can't even access the Wi-Fi I don't know what's wrong it was working just fine before i went off to Chicago this previous week
Samsung Moderator

jid918, 

userUQJw5QqrSj,

Please provide the full model code and current software version of the television. 

Constellation

I tried changing my password to something shorter and easier and the second i did that, the internet only on my Samsung tv didnt want to connect. I googled for like 2 weeks straight and none of the solutions worked for me.
So in the end I decided to switch the “IP settings AND DNS Settings” back to “Obtain Automatically” (in IP settings on the tv)
Then I went to the Configuration site that is on the back of your router (http:// something something) and turned on the GUEST Wifi option. Gave that a new password and VOILA! Finally after a good few weeks of trying to figure this issue out.
Everyone on google had the same answers and nothing worked for me. Hope this helped someone!

Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

Hi, I had to reset the Tv an is working fine. Just took a lot of time to put all passwords again. I hope I won't happen again!
Astronaut

I havt two samsung tv's and they both can't get the wifi signal.  i have everything on my router working just fine. so, i am eliminating any router problems.  I have rebooted  the tv, unable to update(no wifi) unplugged it ,waited,plugged it back in and still not working.  There has to be a bug in the last uodate i got.  Very dissappointed in  Samsung.