Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

Hi.

I'm having the same problem, again.

The first time I solved it changing from 5ghz wifi to 2,4. I  really didn't understood it but...it seemed it was solved.

Same problem now, few days later, I've tried everythings of this site and nothing is working. 

The problem is happening with the wifi adapter, I'm almost sure. I presume it is auto shutting down when the TV doesn't use it for a while...today I fell asleep with it going ON,I shuted it down while working time and 6 hours later I've arrived home and it is not working...

I'm just finishing writing this ticket and I just solved it again:

- TV without electricity about 5minutes.

- Turn it on.

- Come back from 2,4ghz wifi to 5ghz.

- Works.

- Looking for updates: nothing.

- Smart Hub autodiag: nothing wrong.

It clearly smells like a poor wlan adapter set.

Model UE55MU6105.

V. Soft: T-KTMDEUC-1210,8 BT-S

Excuse my poor english.

Samsung Moderator

user43eS85AHn3, regrettably, we only support US models here. We recommend reaching out to the EU Community here: Link

Astronaut

how did you update if your tv without internet connection?

Samsung Moderator

You can update over USB if connecting to a network is not an option. Steps can be found here if you need them: http://bit.ly/2pOiJ6q

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Anyone found a fix?  I am having the same problem.  No internet on the TV, but all other devices are fine.  I restarted my router multiple times, updated the router firmware.  Unplugged the TV overnight.  Updated DNS server.

Any idea?

Samsung Moderator

I am sorry that you are having that issue.  You will need to update your TV.

Astronaut

I’m having this same

issue. My model code is UN65KU7000

its very frustrating. All of my other devices have no problem connecting to my WiFi. And I can update software as I don’t have internet connection near the tv. 

Constellation

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem.  Connects to the router but not to the internet.  Everything else connects to the internet.  I have tried EVERY solution that people have posted anywhere I could find a discussion online, and nothing has worked.  I strung a cable from the router to see if an update was needed, but it said no update needed.  I also reset the tv and still have the same problem.  Its OBVIOUSLY a Samsung TV problem but they sure aren't providing any solutions.

Astronaut

So yeah i dont recommend buying a samsing t.v. My folks bought one 6 years ago... worked well, but after two years the wifi started acting up on it. they're at the mercy of the t.v to watch anything online. I bought my new samsung t.v 8 months ago... brand new this years model from Best Buy.

i thought they fixed all those wifi bugs. turns out they didnt.

8 months into the purchase the wifi reader or w/e started acting up. So frustrating...

basically im at its mercy as well now. but i unlike my parents am more dependent to using the T.Vs internet... i use Sling for cable and Netflix, spotify ect.... 

none of the solutions have really worked for me. not the 8888 or ipv6. only thing that gets it to work is unplugging the TV while its ON... waiting 5 minutes then plugging it back in. how horrible is that? doing that gives me a 50% chance of it working... 

Supernova

@userWAbt7F5lT4: Can I get the full model number and firmware version of the TV?