Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

I have a model UN43MU6290 with software version T KMAKUC 1210.8

It has stopped connecting to my wifi just like everyone else is saying on here.  

This is crazy.  I had only heard great things about Samsung TVs so I switched from Vizio and this is what I get.  

Tell me how to fix this please. 

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried to physically connect your unit to the internet? After doing so, I recommend checking for updates.

Samsung Moderator

Are you still needing assistance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Yes. The TV continues to do the same thing regularly. I go through all of these “solutions”, which don’t usually work so I basically just wait it out until it begins connecting again on its own and use my PS4 or Blu-ray player to do what the TV should. Is there an answer or final solution you can give for the problem this TV (and apparently a number of others based on this thread) has given us repeatedly?

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Why is it that manufacturers (Samsung in this case) ALWAYS say to factory reset?  First of all, if that works, fine... but there is a reason for the problem in the first place.  How about owning up and saying this might be a bug in the latest software update?  There are enough people having this same issue, and most have been able to determine the issue is ONLY with the tv, therefore it can't be the network.

Instead of always having to reset the tv, subsequently lose all stored information, logins, passwords, having to re-enter them (without a number pad/keyboard)... maybe we should be trying to find out where the BUG is.

As a software tester, I look for problems and try to find ways to fix... but power cycling/resetting is fixing the symptom, but not the underlying problem causing the issue in the first place.

Also, as far as the common suggestion about checking for updates... this problem usually seems to happen after a new update has been installed... and if we could check for updates, then we wouldn't have this issue, would we?

Just my thoughts...

Samsung Moderator

WiFi Error – 102

• Will need to update TV
Astronaut

My UE40MU6120K TV is only two weeks old, has had the lastest firmware since bought and now suddenly won't connect to my WiFi, nothing has changed from my WiFi or TV, just say's to check the password and if the internet is turned on!

Really not pleased about this, looking around on the internet it looks like allot of people are having the same problem, not cool Samsung, WE NEED THIS FIXED!

Samsung Moderator

@flopro96  We are sorry to hear about this. We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry. Thanks! ^Lou

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Samsung TV connected to WIFI out of the box, two weeks later nothing I do will reconnect it. Tried manually setting network and password, tried WPS with and without PIN. Rebooted router. Nothing.

Model: UN49MU6290F

Samsung Moderator

Hey @user10IAkOCPFU, sorry to hear about this. May I ask when attempting to go through the network setup, does it show you a list of available networks to choose from?