Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-26-2017 06:02 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
257 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Good Morning. I hate to hear that you are having this much trouble with your TV. As of right now, the firmware does not support the 2016 KS versions, however, the firmware update could be available in the future for your version but as of right now it does not support that version. 

***Have you tried changing the audio setting? ***

0 Likes
userHg3upqb3mp
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have been reading these posts for a month, just changed audio to PCM so will see if that helps. My auto update still has 1210 as current firmware. Will Samsung automatically switch to 1230? I'm not sure how to get it otherwise. When I go in and select search for new updates it says there are no new updates at this time? 

0 Likes
hillsmi
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I believe the new firmware / correction only applies to certain model numbers / certain current firmware versions, not every Samsung out there?

If the firmware / software in your set is not on the list for this update, then you won't see an update to fetch.

And if they are still beta-testing the bug fix with just a few people, then not everyone is privvy to the update until it is confirmed.

I had the problem as well, and checked the other day, and there was no update for my set at that time.

0 Likes
timstack
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This issue has been solved using 2017 QLED with pops/noise out my Vizio sb4251w-b4 sound bar. Currently using version 1230.0

0 Likes
Roylund
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I searched Samsung support website under my specific model which is UN75MU800D and there was an update available for download (version 1230). I downloaded to a usb Drive put that in the USB port of the smart connect and launched the update from the TV. The file was automatically detected on the usb Drive. I haven’t had any popping and I also replaced some of the old HDMI cables. Time will tell.

0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is there a firmware update for the MU6290? My TV says there is no update at this time, but there is a 1230 version on the website when I search my TV. I am having the same exact issue as everyone else in the community is having and I am going on 2 weeks now with Samsung's customer service giving me the run around having me do troubleshooting, then I was to reset my TV, then some more troubleshooting, then they wanted a recording of the sound, then they wanted me to watch TV using external devices, then they want me to update the firmware from version 1210 to version 1230, but the TV tells me there are no updates to download, then they wanted me to to download the zip file myself, extract it, save the files to a thumb-drive and do the update manaually...the frickin TV won't recognize the file, and now Samsung wants to send me the firmware on a thumb drive to see if that will take care of the problem. I ask the customer service f the new firmware update is working, and she had no idea. It's a defect with their product/their manufacturing and they don't even know if the firmware update will work. So I told customer service that I wanted my money back or I wanted a new TV. She didn't hear a word I said. They're still sending the thumb-drive and if that doesn't work....they'll come up with some other BS reason not to fix my TV. I spent over $500 for TV back in 12/2017. The store I bought it from won't return it, and Samsung is doing nothing. Have you or any one out there had any luck with them, and if so what did they do to help you. I am at my wits end with Samsung. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will defintely never buy another product from them, their lack of concern for their customers, or the quality of their product is absolutely terrible. Never again!

0 Likes
userbYKE44bu0i
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Wow! Can't believe I just found this now after going through this same nonsense since last Thanksgiving. Just downloaded the new firmware version and updated the TV. Fingers crossed. Wish Samsung support staff didn't think they had to put the blame on me (I have bad wiring, bad surge protector, bad cables, wrong settings, not using it correctly.....) and everyone else (like the cable company)
0 Likes
jmad1369
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How'd you get your TV to do the update. Mine won't regognize the the update (version 1230) file I downloaded and extracted on to my thumbdrive, and when I have the TV look for updates, it comes back telling me there's no updates for my TV at this moment, even though there is one sitting out there (according to Samsung). Samsung has done everything to either blame me, the cables, how I set the TV up, the cable company, etc... The only one they're not blaming is themselves. They've know there's an issue with their product since last Novemeber, maybe earlier, yet they do nothing to help John Q Public. They supposedly sent me a thumbdrive with the alledged fix on it, was told I would receive it yesterday - did I? No! If I don't receive the thumbdrive today, my next and only conversation with them is a refund my money, and I will have a big hissy fit until I get what I want. I guess this is what happens when a company gets too big for its' britches. Never buying a samsung produt again. Visio and Apple for me.

0 Likes
userbYKE44bu0i
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Ok. do my best here.  First, I'm assuming that you're downloading the correct file for your tv - mine was a big file so you need a thumb drive with 2 gb. I used an 8gb thumb drive and cleared everything off of it first. Second, you need to "extract" the files to the thumb drive, not download or copy them to the drive (the update downloads as a compressed zip file). So, you download the zip file to your pc or laptop and then extract the file to the thumb drive.  I'm guessing you've done all that.  Only other thing i can think of is that my tv has two USB ports for different usb versions.  Make sure you're plugged into the port that's compatible with your thumb drive. or just try both of them.

That's all I know. I followed the steps and the tv found it right away when I clicked "update software."  Best of luck. Maybe i can you send you the file on my drive if you don't get from samsung.  I know this can drive you insane.

userT53tasRMW6
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

FYI - the USB drive can only have TWO files on it for the update to be recognized and they must NOT be inside a folder.

They are as follows:

info

upgrade.msd