JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 04-16-2016 01:26 PM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

JUMP TO SOLUTION
536 Replies
userOH3pzRfmZe
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

put the VU+ to hdmi port 5 there is no such one but put it the problems will stop.

0 Likes
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userOH3pzRfmZe wrote:

put the VU+ to hdmi port 5 there is no such one but put it the problems will stop.

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow.  I haven't found a VU+ item in the settings to change.  Could you explain please?

0 Likes
user0Pic4DgzlX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Having the TV automatically switch itself to the latest activated HDMI device wouldn't be so bad if it would only switch back to the previous activated port when that HDMI device is turned off .  Would be better than looking at NO SIGNAL on the screen then having to go for the remote to re-establish the desired source.

0 Likes
userOH3pzRfmZe
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was replying to the guy who has a vu+ satellite box

usermMTTWjWS50
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can someone please elaborate on the hdmi switch solution.  Does it have to be a powered switch, or just a splitter?  Anything important to know....cause this will fix the problem, i am all for it!  I actually took one tv back to Costco because I thought it was defective.  Brought replacement home, same thing.  Called support, same ol thing..."unplug cables, etc".  Nice to know this is a feature, as they wouldnt even tell me this.  

0 Likes
Amerika
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Hello Samsung Support!

I am from the US and I bought my UN65KS8500FXZA 2016 model Samsung TV through Best Buy in September. I have been having nothing but issues with my devices constantly switching my source around. There isn't a way to turn this off that I've found despite everything I've read online. There is no way this can be passed off as a feature as these are basic use-case scenarios that customers will constantly find themselves in (like me). This is 100% a bug that needs to be fixed.

The problem got even worse today as I purchased a Nintendo Switch and if you even touch the Switch, and sometimes randomly, the source simply changes over to the switch despite it not actually being on. I'm sure there could be an explanation that the Switch is issuing a change command to the TV that it should not be. However, the TV should not be automatically switching sources when I didn't tell it to do it. Removing the feature that was on the older TV's that allowed you to turn that feature off per device is atrocious.

Please round up all of these reports and issue them to Samsung so that they can get a feature request made to add back these simple QoL options at some point before the TV stops being supported. I don't want to have bought an $2200 TV only to have it be busted for it's whole lifespan in such a basic way.
userSOBcjGJCMg
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

And I have just put a Nintendo Switch on a Series 9 SUHD TV (in Aus) - top of the line as I can understand it and now randomly the input changes to the Swirch port but theres no input so the TV prompts me to turn on the device or change source...... There's XBox, Apple TV, Foxtel Cable HD box and the Switch on the TV - the ATV will cause a source but only when powered on. Why the Nintendo causes a source change when not even powered on is beyond. I have a Series 6 SUHD in another room that I will test if I can time but the removal of ability to turn on and off automatic respnse to power up (or not in the Nintendo world!) is beyond me. All TVs in the house are Samsungs - of varying ages but this is the first frustrating "feature" that I have come across.

0 Likes
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This has all the hallmarks of a 'feature' that is not functioning in the manner that the developer intended it to.  The sooner Samsung acknowledge and rectify this fearure the happier their customers will be.  I for one will never be buying another Samsung product of any type until and unless this is resolved

0 Likes
RVG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue for me. UN65KS8000FXZA and Nintendo Switch is randomly changing HDMI input. Hasn't been an issue for me with existing AppleTV, PS4 Pro, or Wii-U. Hope Samsung considers an update to toggle the auto-detect feature.

0 Likes
userGLIZ4aKHXc
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same here.  Hooked up my Nintendo switch and now the input keeps randomly changing while I'm watching tv etc.  Owned only Samsung TV's for close to 20 years but this one might be the last.  It is absurd they do not have functionality to turn this 'feature' off.  Fix this Samsung!

0 Likes