JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 04-16-2016 01:26 PM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

JUMP TO SOLUTION
536 Replies
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Good news indeed

1180 does not seem to have been released in the UK yet, but hopefully not too much longer now

0 Likes
userBSOmGEtDS0
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that sometimes your TV won't find the latest update via it's internet connection (mine never does), so I've been downloading it manually via the website. You must have a Windows PC though, as it's an EXE file that then gets extracted. File size around 1.2GB for the download. Think it might extract to around 2GB - can't remember. Anyway, extract the file to a 4GB minimum USB drive, plug it in to your TV and do a sotware update.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Glad to hear it seems to be fixing most of you guys' TVs, for those located in other countries the update may/should still be coming. Since I don't have access to other country information it's hard for me to gauge when/if it's out. I would recommend doing a following up with support teams in your areas to make sure the update is available. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqvLq2YNclx
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I manually installed the 1180 update. It didn't fix anything for me. When I shutdown my computer while watching tv,  the tv starts jumping back and forth between inputs just like it alway does.  No change.

0 Likes
userp1Awfz2Xgo
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

In the UK so not had the update yet, but manually install it from the Samsung website.

Turned my PC off and then on again............ THE TV DIDN'T SWITCH CHANNELS!!!!! I've tried it twice now and both times, the TV just stayed on the correct HDMI source.

Tomorrow morning will be the massive test. Every single morning for the last 6 months i've turned my PC on while my daughter has been watching kids TV before school... and every single time the TV changes to the PC input... I hope tomorrow I can finally say this issue has been fixed.

So far... so good though...

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

userqvLq2YNclx, you're in the US right?

userp1Awfz2Xgo, sounds good. Let me know if it's still doing it in the morning. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqvLq2YNclx
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

userqvLq2YNclx, you're in the US right?

yes

0 Likes
userp1Awfz2Xgo
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Just an update to this.

Turned my PC on this morning while daughter was watching TV and the TV didn't switch inputs.

I am so happy, thank you for finally sorting this issue out. I'm disappointed it took so long and I honestly question how this feature got through internal testing, but I am just glad it's finally fixed.

0 Likes
bobad
Halo
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Flashed firmware to 180.5, the problem is gone.  Smiley Happy

See how easy it is to make your customers happy, Samsung?

Want to make us even happier? Make our external digital or bluetooth speakers stick when chosen, and make the volume work with the remote. But that's another issue, I am just saying.

Thanks so much to the moderators for hanging in there with us. You guys are super.

0 Likes
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Samsung_Stephanie wrote:

Glad to hear it seems to be fixing most of you guys' TVs, for those located in other countries the update may/should still be coming. Since I don't have access to other country information it's hard for me to gauge when/if it's out. I would recommend doing a following up with support teams in your areas to make sure the update is available. 

Hi SamsungCole

Downloaded and installed 1180.5 this morning (UK),  Early indications are that it has possibly fixed one issue, the TV does  not  now revert to TV Speakers when I turn the TV off and, so far, has reconnected to the soundbar when it is turned back on.

The HDMI port labels still revert, almost at random, to whatever they may have been labelled at some time in the past, not necessarily the most recent.

The TV still auto-switches whenever the PVR 'wakes up' 10 minutes prior to recording a program, and that from a Samsung PVR with  Anynet + turned OFF.

I am genuinely  happy for customers who have had their problems solved  by this  update but it isn't even close to acceptable , you have had the opportunity to fix this issue  and failed .

My last product of any  kind from Samsung .

0 Likes