JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 04-16-2016 01:26 PM)
CNMark
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

JUMP TO SOLUTION
536 Replies
userp1Awfz2Xgo
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm a UK custormer and had the update about a week now.

Can safely say that this has fully solved the auto detecting HDMI switching that was causing me so much anger.

Thanks again for the fix Samsung.

0 Likes
Amerika
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am an US customer and my TV has not gotten the update yet.  It's an k8500 I believe (65" curved 2016 model).  Is the update not coming to that model or is this a slow rollout?

0 Likes
userGLIZ4aKHXc
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is this a scenario where it's manual update only ?   Or Samsung pushing this out as an auto update ?

I'm in the US and haven't seen the update yet either ,  but if it works as suggested  then all credit to Samsung for fixing the issue and listening to their customers. Thanks to the moderators as well. 

0 Likes
userzvEG8YllTH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! I downloaded the 1180 update to my computer and put it on my Tv using a USB key. I dont understand why the update will not update automatically to the tv as I did the automatic updates and the 1180 was not available.   It took a while but I am now very happy that my  computer doesnt take over my tv when it wakes up. My wife is even happyer than I am. I had tried everything before this and was getting close to returning it to Costco. Hopefully this will work for others with the same problem. I guess that is what happens when you thy to make a TV or computer too smart.

0 Likes
userckN2aWWkky
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It is ridiculous and shameful that a company like Samsung does not discard the option to turn it off, here in Brazil we also suffer from this problem also causes several disturbances, such as the black flash of the screen when I am playing on the pc in the game Mode and this  function switches to PC mode in the middle of the match, I'm together with other friends who bought this TV making a campaign against samsung TV, we do not recommend to anyone even more when we have great options like sony x905e, Totally disappointed with this tv Which here costs 8000 abusive price, popular car price here, and due to lack of interest from Samsung in solving the problem, samsung tv never again

0 Likes
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have reached the end of the road Samsung.

Samsung's most recent response to me regarding this issue was a mere 2 weeks ago and said

"This is to acknowledge that I have received your response to our email earlier about your unit. We apologise for any inconvenience. Yes, the 'HDMI Auto Switch' function is a built-in feature on your given TV model and there is no option to turn it off.

With regards to return and refund, we recommend seeking for assistance with the retailer where the TV was purchased.

If you require additional assistance, please contact us on 0330 726 7864 (UK) or 0818 717 100 (EIRE).

Kind regards,

Shieryl M
Customer Service Representative "

The vendor, reasonably?, won't take responsibility for the problem as they have a 30 day returns policy which they don't seem to be willing to waive.

So I am stuck with a 'Smart' TV with a mind of its own.

Stuck with it I may be, but guess what Brand my next TV will be Samsung?  Anything other than yours.

The same applies to all my other Samsung appliances when they come due for renewal.

How many other customers will you lose over this folly?

0 Likes
userp1Awfz2Xgo
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm a bit confused... are you talking about the TV switching inputs when you turn another device on?

The latest update has solved that issue for many (including me) did it not solve it for you?

0 Likes
Alanw47
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userp1Awfz2Xgo wrote:

I'm a bit confused... are you talking about the TV switching inputs when you turn another device on?

The latest update has solved that issue for many (including me) did it not solve it for you?

I am talking about the TV switching inputs all by itself when the PVR/BluRay etc simply 'wake up'

FIrmware  1180.5 has NOT fixed it for me. I'm completely done with Samsung.

0 Likes
userp1Awfz2Xgo
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

That's really strange, it was happening on every single device I used for the last 6 months and caused me months of frustration... Updated to the latest firmware and it hasn't happened since (didn't even change any settings on any devices).

Sorry to hear it's still an issue for you, I wish you luck in either trying to get it sorted or getting your money back.

SadRobot
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've only tried the one combination that was my main problem, but 1180 seems to have fixed it. If it only works with Anynet off I can live with that, but it should either be completely disabled, or controllable as an independent option...

0 Likes