Tv is turning off and on by itself

SOLVED
Asteroid

Tv is turning off and on by itself

My new Samsung TV, UN55MU9000, is turning itself on after I've shut it off. I can't get it to stop doing this and I don't want to burn out the TV or use the electricity. Is there a solution for this? I have the latest software update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author userMmHBCTJzTD
‎08-29-2017 01:52 PM

Re: Tv is turning off and on by itself

Thanks for waiting. The TV was off when I got home last night, so I assume that it is fixed.  If the condition reoccurs, I will let you know.  I'm assuming that unplugging and replugging in the router may have reset the TV.  

14 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Are you plugged into a surge protector by any chance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

No, it's plugged into the wall outlet. The title of this post is misleading; what I said is that the TV is turning itself ON, not off.  I used Samsung Chat to try to resolve the issue and he had me shut off the power for 60 seconds (we can't reach the outlet because the TV is on the wall). This seems to have solved the problem intermittently; sometimes it's still turning on by itself. So, close but no cigar!

Samsung Moderator

Is the software up to date?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

I have the latest software update.

Samsung Moderator

Out of curiousity, could you try unplugging your router (if the television is connected to the internet) and waiting to see if it will still power itself on?

Asteroid

I'll try that later this evening; I can't do it now.

Samsung Moderator

Please keep us posted

Asteroid

I am traveling until the end of the month so I'll have to wait until I get back. Thanks for your interest.

Samsung Moderator

No worries, we'll be here. Smiley Happy

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.